WHat kind to get

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Craig Sindorf

WHat kind to get

Post by Craig Sindorf »

I would like to get a repeater but do not want to spend over 700 or 800 to get one. What I am going to use it for is practice for bullseye. I have seen the DU10 and the twinmasters on the web but I really do not know about either on the personal side. SO I thought I would come to the source of great shooter and pleanty og knowledge. Thanks for what info you can provide as to a direction to look.

Warren suggested looking for a used LP5 but that is if I can find one.

Thanks again

Craig
Charles

Options...

Post by Charles »

The DU10 is a true semi auto but the trigger is not a 10m match trigger. The price is pretty good however and they are a blast to shoot.

The twinmaster is a revolver style action and thus the trigger pull is long and hard if you do not cock it between shots.

Your best option is a used FWB C5, FWB C55, or a Steyr LP5 (CO2 version) if you want a 10m match grade trigger (or close to it) and accuracy.

There is the long discontinued Crosman 600 but they tend to not get a lot of shots per 12g cartridge

Charles
Craig Sindorf

Semi auto pistol

Post by Craig Sindorf »

I am looking to get a repeater but do not want to spend over 800 for it. I was told by Warren to look for a LP5 but those are hard to find. I have seen the DU10 and the Twinmasters on the web but not in person. SO I thought I would come here to get your opinions on what to get and what to avoid.

Thanks

Craig Sindorf
dps1226

what kind to get

Post by dps1226 »

Have you talked to Neal Stepp? He Just may have something that will fit your budget.
Jim B.

Post by Jim B. »

Check out the new repeater by Aeron from Don Nygord.
www.nygord-precision.com
william

Post by william »

I had a chance to handle & dryfire a new Aeron in February in Toronto. It seemed to be very well built and had a really excellent trigger.
Milcek

Aeron

Post by Milcek »

I have shoot a few pellets with Aeron and it´s really good pistol. Accuracy is great (lotharwalther), trigger is great and the price for it I thing is great too. Really nice gun.
Dan Hankins

Warren is right

Post by Dan Hankins »

I have owned an Aeron B-96 CO2 semi auto, and an LP-5. The quality of the LP-5 is most notable in the reliability and finely machined and fitted parts made of a material of suitable hardness. Much more substantial pistol than the B-96. Both the B-96 and the LP-5 were very accurate, and had good triggers. The B-96 I had (well actually the three B-96s) were prone to malfunction. There is a very fine balance between trigger adjustment and magazine feed, actually on both pistols. But, the LP-5 seemed to be much more forgiving in the respect of trigger adjustment. Or, I just finally learned how to do it. The LP-5 never malfunctioned.

So far, since Warren came to work at Pilkington's, I have relied on him for advise on air pistols and rifles, mostly pistols, and he has been right in every case. His advise is sound and reliable. The only mistakes I have made in buying 10 m stuff, was when I did not follow his advise.

Respectfully,
Bubba