Adjusting FAS AP609 Velocity.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TIMG

Adjusting FAS AP609 Velocity.

Post by TIMG »

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to adjust the velocity of my FAS AP609? Whilst I'm reasonably happy with it as it is, I find that on occasion when I shoot, it sounds more like a Magnum .44, as if it's firing particularly high velocity rounds, but then settles back down of its own accord. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is it a warning that a fault is developing?

Thanks,

Tim.
Jay V

Re: Adjusting FAS AP609 Velocity.

Post by Jay V »

TIMG wrote:Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to adjust the velocity of my FAS AP609? Whilst I'm reasonably happy with it as it is, I find that on occasion when I shoot, it sounds more like a Magnum .44, as if it's firing particularly high velocity rounds, but then settles back down of its own accord. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Is it a warning that a fault is developing?

Thanks,

Tim.
The usual problem is low velocity.

The reulator is adjusted with shims. You remove the silver regulator cover with a pin wrench, then the regular plunger and shims will lift out. The shims are stacked a special way, so don't let them drop off of the shaft. If the velocity is too high, you would remove some shims (start with 2).

If the problem is inconsistent, you need to look for something in the regulator assembly that is causing the problem - removing shims isn't the answer.

I would have a chronograph available to do some testing before and after taking it apart. I would say about 525fps or so is a good speed.

It's not too difficult. Just don't start adjusting the trigger...

Let me know if you get stuck.

Jay V
IL