Olympic "A" & "B" Standards?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Marley

Olympic "A" & "B" Standards?

Post by Marley »

I noticed in swimming a Guamanian Olympian qualified under the Olympic "B" standards. How does this differ from MQS in shooting? Does shooting, when it relates to the Olympics have "A" & "B" standards?
David Levene

Re: Olympic "A" & "B" Standards?

Post by David Levene »

Marley wrote:I noticed in swimming a Guamanian Olympian qualified under the Olympic "B" standards. How does this differ from MQS in shooting? Does shooting, when it relates to the Olympics have "A" & "B" standards?
No, shooting has Minimum Qualifying Scores whch you must achieve before being allowed to start using one of your country's Quota Places.

If you are at the Olympics on a Quota Place and also have an MQS in another event then you may also be entered in that event providing that you are within your country's maximum number in that event (one or two depending on the event).

In the sports with A & B standards you may be entered by your country provided that you have achieved the B standard and your country is not also entering someone with the A standard.

I hope that is clear.
Nano

a and b athlets

Post by Nano »

continuous with the previous explanation.
as in the olympics, should participate all the countries in the world(olympic spirit), some small countries don't have athletes that can get the minimum marks, then these countries receive invitations.
in shooting, air pistol for example, my country (Bolivia) has received an invitation and a sportsman that the best MQS had in the country attended. pitifully it left in last place, but for us, the important thing is that it attended. (allways in good sense).

Nano