CM84e - power supply changes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Heath

CM84e - power supply changes

Post by Heath »

Hi,

I understand that Morini changed the power supply unit in there CM84e from the 15v battery to the AAA battery formate some time prior to October 2001.

Can anybody give me reasons why they made this change in power supply?
And where there any other changes made to the pistol other than the battery style at this time and since then?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Regards
Heath
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I thought that the CM84E was still fitted with the 15V electronics, the air pistols changed to AAA.
Heath

Post by Heath »

Hi David,

You may well be right!

I accessed the archive her on 'Target Talk' and found the following comment from David M:

"Posted by David M on October 17, 2001 at 20:01:41:
If you like the Air, you will love the Free pistol. Mine is one of the first and is still going strong.
The old ones use the 15 volt battery and the new model uses AAA batteries. The trigger is a single stage but I believe Franchesco was working on a two stage but I have not seen it yet.
The electronics differ in that the free trigger has a safety circuit built in, this needs a little more power, so I use a new battery in my free pistol until it no longer passes the battery check then I put it in the Air pistol and it is good for a few thousand more shots."

Therefore i have based my current knowledge of the batteries used in the CM84e on this string from 2001.

I apologise if this is infact not correct.

Regards
Heath
Ian

Morini 84e Battery Changes

Post by Ian »

David is correct. Morini has not changed the battery in the 84e. Both I and one of the guys I shoot with both got 84e free pistols within the last two months and they use the 15v battery.

it should be noted that a couple of years ago Morini did change the battery configuration in their air gun (162EA to 162EI) from a small camera/flash battery to a pair of AAA batteries.

As always, keep'em all in the 10 ring,
Ian
Heath

Post by Heath »

Hi Ian and David,

Thank you for the clarification, as always it is much appreciated for people with the knowledge to share with everybody else.

Regards
Heath