Need help with"new" RF Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex

Need help with"new" RF Pistol

Post by Alex »

Would like input on what pistol would make best "new" RF pistol of the following. 1.Matchguns MG2 : Any luck with failure to cock? Sounds like triggers adjusted too light? 2.New Pardini SP : Do the extra weights make a marked difference? 3.Morini MG22. Anyone with experience with more than one of these guns would be of especially great help. Also, live in NE Pennsylvania and would appreciate any information about indoor leagues over the winter.

Good shooting,
Alex
David M

New Rapid

Post by David M »

After reading the new rule changes, what you want is a super reliable pistol (one malfunction rule), the rest may now be secondary, weight, handling etc.
David Levene

Re: New Rapid

Post by David Levene »

David M wrote:After reading the new rule changes, what you want is a super reliable pistol (one malfunction rule), the rest may now be secondary, weight, handling etc.
Is the general feeling in Athens that the rule means what it says (one malfunction) or as some are interpreting it (wishful thinking) that it means one per half course.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

G'day,

My understanding from the information on the National Referees Council site in Australia (http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/nrc_pa/default.htm) is that the "location" of the malfunction has not changed - just the number. E.G. There were two in the 150 second Std Gun - it is now 1 and there were two in the combined 20 sec & 10 sec - now there is one. Remember this is allowable malfunctions with an option for a reshoot of the series. If the malfunction is non allowable there is no reshoot of the series so the score on the target is final.

Frankly I think anyone who has a good, clean gun with ammo known to work with the gun will have the basis for a good RF gun. For many, albeit not the elite, the same gun will be used for RF and Standard gun possibly with even the same grip.

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Aussie Bob wrote:My understanding from the information on the National Referees Council site in Australia (http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/nrc_pa/default.htm) is that the "location" of the malfunction has not changed - just the number. E.G. There were two in the 150 second Std Gun - it is now 1 and there were two in the combined 20 sec & 10 sec - now there is one.
Remember though that the NRC site has the qualification "As I understand it". I agree that it is one of the possible (hopeful) interpretations of the rule changes we have seen. It is certainly not however in strict accordance with the exact wording of the changes released by the ISSF.

I think we will only know once we have seen the full rules.
Alex L

New R/F Pistol

Post by Alex L »

I, personally, feel that the Walther GSP is most probably one of the guns you should consider.
1)It has a much shorter barrel than some pistols you have listed.
2)You can put a rubber buffer behind the slide which helps with the recovery, especially in the 6sec and 4 sec runs.
3)You can change the rear site blade according to the light conditions.
4) You can experiment more with the various ammunitions on the market.
5) Spare parts are readily available for the pistol, if required.

Good luck with your experiment.
Alex L.