What should one look for when buying a used Toz 35?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rustam Bana

What should one look for when buying a used Toz 35?

Post by Rustam Bana »

The title says it all really.

All I can add is that the pistol is 3 years old and has fired approximately 5000 rounds.

Thanks.

Rustam
Jim B.

Post by Jim B. »

It would be nice to get it with the original wood case, kit of spare parts (spare firing pin, spare firing pin spring, trigger spring, front and rear sight blades) and tools (drift punch and screwdriver). The parts can sometimes be tricky to find, better to have them just in case. Aside from this, the pistol is very reliable.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Like any firearm, check the crown for damage and check the barrel for rust or damage. Check that it locks up. Pull the grips and inspect for damage or amateur gun smithing. Dry fire with dummy round at least and live fire it if you can. The pistol is strong and save for weak springs, it seldom has a problem. Do not expect the exterior finish or the wood to look pretty. It was built to shoot, not display. A case is nice, so are spares, but spares can be gotten from Don Nygord in the US. I tried to find a second source for parts for when Don is away from the store. I wasn't successful, so do as I do and keep a minimum of spares around. You will want to have a firing pin, main spring, and sear spring. The main spring tends to go weak over time so the gun should be stored un-cocked.

Read about the pistol and some good information about set up on our host's site in the TenP files section. Let me know if you get the pistol and don't get a manual with it.

Larry
Rustam Bana

Post by Rustam Bana »

Many thanks for the replies.

Larry, thanks for the offer of an owner's manual.

Had put this question to the board on behalf of a friend. In case he needs one, I'll take you up on the offer.

Rustam
mark kelly

what to look for in used toz

Post by mark kelly »

A three year old gun with only 5000 rounds will be like new if well taken care of. As long as the barrel wasn't cleaned with a coat hanger. As another poster said try to get as many spare parts as possible. Especially the flat springs. My toz is 14 years old and has far more than 5000 rounds through it and still can shoot inner tens and better (20mm groups) with good ammo.