Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IZH46M

Post by IZH46M »

Is Wolfe Creek Open? I will be in Atlanta in August, and would like to shoot some AP and vicariously drink in the Olympic experience. The Archives are leading me to believe that it is currently closed, but it is still listed as a park on the Fulton Co. website. What's the word?
Kevin
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Tom Lowe is closed.

Re: Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds

Post by Guest »

IZH46M wrote:Is Wolfe Creek Open? I will be in Atlanta in August, and would like to shoot some AP and vicariously drink in the Olympic experience. The Archives are leading me to believe that it is currently closed, but it is still listed as a park on the Fulton Co. website. What's the word?
Kevin
Does the county site have email addresses? Write to them! Pound on their door!

Maybe if we all did that and waved some dollars in front of them (tourism money) they'd start to see the light.
IZH46M

Post by IZH46M »

What happened? Was it political, Tom Lowe being a Republican and all?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Perhaps, but a much bigger problem was likely the Net Operating Loss posted every year.
IZH46M

Tom Lowe

Post by IZH46M »

Too bad. I never got to see it. I live in Orlando and only make it to Atlanta evey two years or so. I didn't want to fly with the guns last trip.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

How are you doing with your IZZY.Ishoot one too and I am shooting 540
Dick Poore

Atlanta Area PTO

Post by Dick Poore »

Izzy --
There is a PTO (10m, 25m, and 50m events) at Ft. Benning on Saturday 14 Aug 04 -- it's a little over an hour south of Atlanta. USAS has been using the Benning ranges (AMU rocks!!) for the last two years since the Wolf Creek fiasco. Contact Pam Tallman at gapto@att.net or Phone 770 471-9231 if you are interested. She can e-mail you the entry form (pre-registration is required) along with directions to the range from I-185 south from Atlanta. Cheers. Dick Poore
IZH46M

The Ivan Pistol

Post by IZH46M »

scout18 wrote:How are you doing with your IZZY.Ishoot one too and I am shooting 540
I like it. It shoots better than I can hold! So, I don't need to move up yet. I usually shoot in the low 90's indoors and mid to high 80's outdoors.

The grips have been a challange on 2 counts: 1] They have become loose, and I will probably try to glass bed them (As you know the grip screws don't tighten the grip to the frame.) 2] The grip shape, even after carving (Dremal) is not the best. It seems like the grip had alot of wood is some places and not enough in others. I am still looking for a fix for this. I am considering adding some Bondo and carving some more.
IZH46M

Re: Atlanta Area PTO

Post by IZH46M »

Dick Poore wrote:Izzy --
There is a PTO (10m, 25m, and 50m events) at Ft. Benning on Saturday 14 Aug 04 -- it's a little over an hour south of Atlanta. USAS has been using the Benning ranges (AMU rocks!!) for the last two years since the Wolf Creek fiasco. Contact Pam Tallman at gapto@att.net or Phone 770 471-9231 if you are interested. She can e-mail you the entry form (pre-registration is required) along with directions to the range from I-185 south from Atlanta. Cheers. Dick Poore
Thanks Dick. I won't be there that week, but it would be great to see.