Good sources for .32 S&W enterfire ammo?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SCL

Good sources for .32 S&W enterfire ammo?

Post by SCL »

Gents,
I am looking for good sources of ammo to feed a centerfire Walther GSP. Any recommendations or feedback of the makers (Lapua, Federal Classic, S&B et al) would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott
leibfried@yahoo.com
Alex L

Centre Fire Ammo

Post by Alex L »

There has been some 'chat' about loads for C/F recently.
I have a Walther GSP .32 C/F pistol, and use the pistol for ISSF 25m matches. I use 1.5 WST Winchester powder, with 98gr projectiles. I use hollow base, waxed, and 3.12 in the size. I have muzzle velocity speed of 670 ft per second average, which I find is very close to Lapua factory load, which claims to be 700 ft/sec. I know some people use a lighter load with a different powder.
Most top shooters here in Oz use a similar load to me. We find it is consistent, and produces better grouping than many of the factory loads.
I suggest you buy a packet of factory loaded ammo - possibly Lapua, and try it out, and take that as a bench mark. From there, you can try your own loads with a chronograph.
When you test for a load, put it on a sandbag, or a bench rest. But remember - what you get with a bench rest, is not necessarily what you get with holding with one hand.
With Winchester 231powder you may need a different powder measurement.
Hope this helps. Regards, Alex L.
Felipe

Re: Centre Fire Ammo

Post by Felipe »

I recently bought a GSP and I’d like to known more information about this pistol and center fire competition.

Do you use it in center fire 25 meteres events? Do you think it still is a good pistol for shooting in this event? How accurate are her groups whith GSP, in 25 meters?

Where can i find information about center fire, such as techniques in rapid fire, trainning exercises, etc.

Thank you,

Felipe

Alex L wrote:There has been some 'chat' about loads for C/F recently.
I have a Walther GSP .32 C/F pistol, and use the pistol for ISSF 25m matches. I use 1.5 WST Winchester powder, with 98gr projectiles. I use hollow base, waxed, and 3.12 in the size. I have muzzle velocity speed of 670 ft per second average, which I find is very close to Lapua factory load, which claims to be 700 ft/sec. I know some people use a lighter load with a different powder.
Most top shooters here in Oz use a similar load to me. We find it is consistent, and produces better grouping than many of the factory loads.
I suggest you buy a packet of factory loaded ammo - possibly Lapua, and try it out, and take that as a bench mark. From there, you can try your own loads with a chronograph.
When you test for a load, put it on a sandbag, or a bench rest. But remember - what you get with a bench rest, is not necessarily what you get with holding with one hand.
With Winchester 231powder you may need a different powder measurement.
Hope this helps. Regards, Alex L.