Morini CM22 Vs. Hämmerli SP20

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Evia

Morini CM22 Vs. Hämmerli SP20

Post by Evia »

Dear Friends:

I'm going to start with the very long and troublesome process with the Mexican department of defence to legally import a Standard Pistol. Finally, I'm considering two options: The Hämmerli SP20 and the Morini CM22. Because I'm unfortunattely unable of test the pistols before buying (There's none of them here at my place), your advise and opinions will be very appreciated and taked in consideration for my final decission.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel Evia
The Bobcat

Morini CM22 relative Haemmerli SP 20

Post by The Bobcat »

The Morini CM22 would be a nice gun, if it did function reliably. It does not function reliably yet. Some development remains, in my opinion.

The "plastics" SP 20? Well, it has come of age. and is a reliable performer. But do you like the plastics grip ond the top heavy feeeling? I do not.

Do you not like the looks of the new Pardini .22 standard pistol? I do.

The Bobcat.
Walter

Post by Walter »

I don't think I would want to have to adjust the trigger on either of those guns.
Have you considered the Walther?
Matula

What? reliablity???

Post by Matula »

I wonder how somebody can raise the reliability issue of Morini CM22. I think I know what I am speaking about, after shooting nearly five years with CM22. I can count the malfunctions with one hand's fingers. I have shot several brands fast or slow muzzle velocities, without facing any problems. If I had to change something with CM 22 might be the trigger adjustements, as mentioned above. Also, if the shooter, as me, has disproportional long fingers, then a modifies trigger tongue might be a solution ,as the fingers may touch the magazine. In general, a nice gun, but yours is the choice.
Evia

Thanks

Post by Evia »

Thank you very much for your comments. I have tried the GSP, but I feel it a little uncomfortable.

My current shooter is a Hämmerli 208S, and I'm looking for a similar gun, but I found the AW93 very expensive.
deleted1

Standard Pistol

Post by deleted1 »

Why go anywhere else---if you have a 208s---what else do you need? Certainly not the SP20 to replace the 208s. I agree about Walther, I have never felt comfortable with one. If you must get a new gun, I suggest that you wait for the end of the Olympics and see what has been developed by Pardini.
Evia

What else?

Post by Evia »

Yeah Bob. Everybody said that" ---if you have a 208s---what else do you need? ". But I want a "second choice gun" (I don't want to abuse of the 208S, unless it's very well cared)

I'll keep your advice about what's new from everybody after Olympics. Maybe with the change in the rules for RF, well' be able to see some interesting developments in Standard Pistols.

Thanks 4 your time,

Manuel

Post by Guest »

HOWDY, I HAVE A CM22, AND THOUGH IT DOESN'T FUNCTION AS WELL AS MY WALTHER, I STILL PREFER TO SHOOT IT IN MATCHES BECAUSE OF HOW WELL IT FITS ME. THE GRIP ANGLE IS GREATER, AND THIS SEEMS TO SUIT ME AS I SHOOT MUCH HIGHER SCORES THAN WITH MY WALTHER. THE TRIGGER IS MUCH NICER AS WELL, WHICH LIKELY CONTRIBUTES TO MY LOVE OF THE CM22. I USUALLY HAVE AN ALIBI WITH THIS GUN, BUT WARREN AT PILKGUNS SAYS THAT MOST DON'T? i BOUGHT MINE USED, SO MAYBE I HAVE A FINICY ONE? BY WAY OF NOTE, IN THE LAST MATCH, I FIRED A 98 IN RAPID AND A 99 IN SLOW FIRE SO I AM GOING TO KEEP SHOOTING THE CM22, HOWEVER, ANOTHER SHOOTER POSTED A 100 IN SLOW FIRE WITH A HAMMERLI 208, SO I GUESS ITS WHATEVER YOU LIKE TO SHOOT. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE.