Advice required - LP10P trigger unit.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rustam Bana

Advice required - LP10P trigger unit.

Post by Rustam Bana »

I have noticed two problems with the above trigger unit. The first has been present since I bought the pistol (new) a year back and the other is as recent as today.

The older problem is that there is lateral movement of 1mm or less of the trigger unit (not just the trigger blade). Is this common to the LP10P and how could this be rectified?

The second or latest problem is that there is an almost imperceptible 'creep' just after the first stage has been taken up and just before the shot is released. Just in case this is an indication of a major problem waiting to happen, I would like to nip it in the bud as soon as possible.

I would be grateful if you could advice me on how to best deal with both the problems.

Thanks.

Rustam

rustambana@satyam.net.in
Rustam Bana

Post by Rustam Bana »

The second or later problem can be ignored. Have rectified it by adjusting the first stage travel.

Rustam
Rustam Bana

Post by Rustam Bana »

Could some of you please check your LP10P's for lateral movement of the trigger unit and let me know.

Need to establish if this problem is a one off or a design quirk.

Thanks.

Rustam
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Rustam Bana wrote:Could some of you please check your LP10P's for lateral movement of the trigger unit and let me know.

Need to establish if this problem is a one off or a design quirk.

Thanks.

Rustam
My LP-10 trigger has about that much lateral movement on its pivot pin. I suppose that you could have a smith install some shims to take most of it out, but I don't feel that it has any detrimental effect on trigger performance.

Larry
Rustam Bana

Larry

Post by Rustam Bana »

Thanks for the reply.

Rustam