CF duel target

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JohnK

CF duel target

Post by JohnK »

Will the new International Rapid Fire Target be used for International Center Fire Duel?
Thanks!
JLK
David Levene

Re: CF duel target

Post by David Levene »

JohnK wrote:Will the new International Rapid Fire Target be used for International Center Fire Duel?
Thanks!
JLK
My understanding is that it will be, but we will have to wait until the rules are released to get final confirmation. If the 2001 rules are an indication of when that will be, expect to know sometime in December.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

G'day JohnK

It is also my understanding that the new RF target will be used for CF Duelling as well. I hope so as it makes it easier for club secretaries to balance their target stock if for no other reason.

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

There seems to be a lot of guessing about the new rules...

I was under the impression that the target would remain unchanged, the only(!) change would be to standard pistol.

According to the our (the swedish, that is...) chairman of the pistolsection, the formal decision will be taken in connection with the olympics.
That would explain a certain official lack of information...

The only thing I´m sure of is that I sure don´t know for sure... =)

regards from Stockholm
Anders
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I used to think that I was confused, but now I'm not that certain.

When will the ISSF learn that the important people, the shooters, need time to train in new match conditions.

With less than 6 months to go before the new rules come in it is already too late.