Edelman 6 meter targets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
F. Paul in Denver

Edelman 6 meter targets

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Does anyone know if Edelman makes a 6 meter air pistol target and if so, who might carry them?

I can print the 6 meter targets but I have yet to find any paper to print the targets on that cuts very well.

Thanks
David Levene

Re: Edelman 6 meter targets

Post by David Levene »

F. Paul in Denver wrote:Does anyone know if Edelman makes a 6 meter air pistol target
Not according to the catalogue on the Pilkguns site.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

You could print the 6m targets on the backs of the 10m targets. Just a thought.
Bill177

Cottage business

Post by Bill177 »

I have seen the six meter target question come up several times this year.

As for myself - I print mine on a copier using short fiber paper. I did see a recommendation for the use of Wausau Exact Bristol medium card stock semi-smooth finish 67# stock. I have yet to try this as I have over 2,000 double targets on hand.

I don't have the time to get involved, but have thought about a cottage business target printery of 6 and 10 meter targets for practice use. I think one could support their airguns on the profits doing this.

6 meter shooting is great for winter practice at home - where the heat is on!

Post by Guest »

Richard:

Thanks for the idea - I tried feeding a some 10 meter targets thru the copy machine and ended up with nothing but paper jams.

Bill - I'll try some different paper and see if I cant reduce the amount of tearing I'm presently getting.

My problem with shooting the 10M distance outdoors is the sun coming in and out which really moves my zero. I wouldnt have believed how much effect lighting has until I saw it with my own eyes.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas

Paul
Dick Poore

6m Targets

Post by Dick Poore »

I faced a similar dilemma and my friend Steve Swartz came up with an elegant solution that works quite well for me.

1. Take a standard edelman target and poke a small hole in the center of the 10 ring -- a sewing needle works well.

2. Flip it over to the back side. Use a standard compass and pencil-in a 36mm ring using the aforementioned pin hole as the center point. (36mm is the size of the black on a 6m target.)

3. Cut out the 36mm hole and use this target as a template. Make a few more for future use.

4. Take a standard edelman target and one of your "new" 6m templates. Slide the "normal" target into your target holder with the template (black facing black) over top.

5. Now you have an exact "visual" representation of the black at 6m and can use the standard edelman target (good holes...no tearing).

6. For scoring use a 6m target reproduced on a transparency. Simply overlay the tranparency on both targets -- centered of course. Use the 6m rings to score.
Blankenship

You can use 10M air rifle targets for pistol at 16'-10"

Post by Blankenship »

The ring values will be different, but the black will appear proportional at 16'-10" away.

Post by guest »

... or you could use a TQ-9 target at 5m
Shin
Site Admin

TargetTalk 6m air pistol target

Post by Shin »

You can printthis target on the back of Edelman 10m Air pistol target. Make sure that the ruler at the buttom is exactly 70mm. If it is not - you need to use different printer or adjust the scale in the printer driver.