Sig P 210 Longslide -any comments

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David M

Post by David M »

Anyone shooting a P210 (long or short slide), any comments.
I am thinking of a longslide for C/fire, Service and stock NRA. Also what are your favorite load for the 210.
tango

P210

Post by tango »

I shoot the 210 in standard length and love it. Its the most accurate 9mm out of the box in the world. Its too bad that I have to take the $2800 pistol and bob the hammer. Thats my only gripe, the hammer bites me "every time" on recoil and resetting.
I just got a new set of Nill grips with thumb rest and a new 7.65 conversion.
I have not seen the long slide but think it may be over kill as the standard seams to be optimum.

jim
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,
Go for the new 210-5 LS Heavy Frame. (Long Slide)
It has a magazine release button, good balance and it will not bite you.
It is expensive, but so is time, ammo and travelling to and from the range. You may even have your money back when you sell the gun. It will last a lifetime.

There is no 7,65 barrel for this model but there are not so many bullets to choose from so 9mm is the best (and easier to reload) No difference in recoil anyway.

The model 210-6 has a 125 mm barrel and will take 150 mm 7,65 0r 9 mm. The 210-5 has 150 mm barrel from start.

The Heavy Frame models is stronger, a lot of 210´s has cracked when using (Swedish) hot army surplus ammo (only Glock vill swallow that). Be observant if buying a used gun, although they have been a little stronger the last decades.

For myself I use 5,4 Ba 9 , bullet is from US (a hollow point). Target shooting at 25 meter like a .32SW or better (484/500)
Sig 210 shooter

Post by Sig 210 shooter »

Hello, tango (dancer?).

The hammer of the 210 bites tour thumb-web? That is a well known calamity.

There are two aftermarket items that cures this. One could be had from www.vapensmedjan.se/. Contact them. The gadget is a nice extension that is fixed to the frame by the trigger unit fixing screw. No alteration is nesessary.

The 210 works fine with any sound load. Stay away from cheap, hot surplus ammo. (Why would anybody want to save a cent or two a round anyway, after buying a 2800 dollar gun?).

The heavier lead bullets (130 gns and up) in front of a mild charge of the medium fast burning pistolpowders will work fine. Cast bullets must be hard and of .357 diameter, cause the bores of Sig 210s are oversize. (The cast bullet intended for the .38 Super, yes.)
Cast bullets of .355 will strip the rifling an ruin accuracy. Actually often keyholing.
The swaged lead bullets are to soft and will not do either.