Shooting glasses for LP and FP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Raub

Shooting glasses for LP and FP

Post by Raub »

Hi there,
I´m about to buy shooting glasses. Does the same glasses suit for LP and FP without any changes? Do you recommend glasses for both?
Raub
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Does the same glasses suit for LP and FP without any changes?

Yes

Do you recommend glasses for both?

Yes
Raub

AP instead LP

Post by Raub »

Of course AP (airpistol) instead LP (luftpistole). Sorry for that
Raub
Mark Briggs

LP/FP Glasses

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hi Raub,

Glasses are definitely recommended for both luftpistol and free pistol shooting. The only real difference in glasses requirements between the two sports deals with the difference in shooting locations - air pistol being indoors using electric light, and free pistol being outdoors using natural light.

For free pistol you may find a greater need to use colour filters to reduce glare when shooting in bright sunlight or to improve contrast on a dark cloudy day. Knobloch makes small plastic colour filters which attach to their lense holder using a rotating "star" which allows you to easily choose between three different filters. Other manufacturers accomplish this same task by using either different coloured lenses in the lenseholder itself, or by having filters which clip onto the lense holder. No matter what glasses you buy you should keep in mind that you will likely want to have the ability to adapt them to accept filters for shooting outdoors.

(I own both Varga's and Knobloch's and have solved the filter problem by grinding the post of the Knobloch lense holder so it will fit in the Varga frame. This way I can use the Knobloch colour filter on either set of glasses. Yes, I'm cheap! )

Mark.
Evia

Jäggi Nova

Post by Evia »

I use Jäggi Nova frames, and I found them excellent. I have the UV SAR filter, the Yellow and the orange. Anybody have some experience with them? I learn at some big dealers pages that they are not very common, specially at USA where Knobloch and Champion seems to rule. We at Mexico purchase Jäggi frames from the local AHG Anschutz dealer

Rgds,
Claudio

Re: Shooting glasses for LP and FP

Post by Claudio »

Raub wrote:Hi there,
I´m about to buy shooting glasses. Does the same glasses suit for LP and FP without any changes? Do you recommend glasses for both?
Raub
I use the same shooting glasses for 10 meters, 25 meters and 50 meters. I shoot with an adjustable iris on the glasses. I have more trouble shooting outdoors on very sunny days and I need to experiment with different filters. So far I have a yellow, green and brown filter and I prefer them in that order. I need to find an inexpensive source for filters to do some testing. I own a pair of knobloch glasses.