Aguila ammunition?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Aguila ammunition?

Post by william »

Some of the local rifle shooters have been saying great things about Aguila ammo. Anybody have experience with it in standard or free pistol? Accuracy? Reliability?
JohnK

.22 ammunition

Post by JohnK »

I Ransom rested my Unique DES 69 last week at 50 yds.
One of the brands I shot was the Aquila standard velocity.
I would call it average.
Wolfe Match Extra shot a little under 3/4" 10 shot groups.
Federal 711B was very close next.
CCI std velocity was 1"+.
Aquila was about the same.
Eley Pistol Standard was terrible. About 2.5"+ with a lot of verticle stringing. It was so bad I shot 4 or 5 groups with it and then shot a final group with the Wolfe just to make sure my rest hadn't loosened or something.
I also shot some RWS Target Rifle. It was a little worse than the Aquila.
Certainly not worth the cost.
Hope this helps.
JLK
Bob LeDoux

Super Colibri for Free Pistol

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I use this round, which is without powder, to practice free pistol on my 10 meter air pistol range in my garage. I can shoot it into a air pistol trap. Ventilation and lead dust considerations still need to be remembered.
Paul in Denver

Aguila

Post by Paul in Denver »

Not sure which model of standard pistol you intend to use the Aguila ammo in but I have had no luck getting it to reliably function in a Pardini SP22. As an aside, the only .22 ammo that does not upset the Pardini's delicate digestion is Wolf and RWS Target Rifle.

I practice free pistol (TOZ 35M) on an indoor 50 ft range and confirm JohnK's comment about Eley standard - it sucks.
sbow

Post by sbow »

Standard velocity Aguila functions fine in my Pardini SP. Every gun is a little different.
R.M.

Aguila

Post by R.M. »

I haven't ransom rested it, but it functions fine out of my GSP, and seems to shoot decent enough for 50' free pistol. The price is right also.

R.M.
Tom

Shoots well, More importantly, it goes bang all the time

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I use Aguila mainly for 50' NRA gallery matches. It shoots well out of my Shockey, Marvels, and my SP and SPE pardini. I use the SE subsonic because is has less recoil and at 50', you don't need a lot of speed.

I use it because it goes bang every time. To me, having every round go bang is worth more than one that groups slightly better as it's tough to make up 10 points if you drop a round or shoot poorley because your "just waiting" for the next misfire.

I keep all my ammo in US ammo cans w/ dessicant packs. 22's aren't sealed and will take moisture out of the air and that will effect it's reliability.

My 2 cents,

Tom