Baikal shooter PRs

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scout18

Baikal shooter PRs

Post by scout18 »

Hi folks, Are there any serious competitors besides me that are shooting this excellent pistol. What are your personlal bests with this pistol. I am up to 540 after 4 matches. After my last match I think I have really crossed a threshold. So lets here from the rest of you.
nneely

Baikal AP or .22?

Post by nneely »

Are you looking for all Baikals, or a specific subset?

- Nick
scout18

IZH46 and IZH46m

Post by scout18 »

I was thinking about that last night. I am interested inthe IZH46/ 46M shooters. How are you folks doing with our inexpensive airpistol?
dam8

Post by dam8 »

I think the 46,46m is the best thing to hit the shooting world!
I have been shooting informally for 2 decades. It was'nt till I stumbled across our hosts site and realized that air pistols are more than plinkers.The 46 is among the best investments I have ever made. After 6 months I did step up (side ways?) to a Styer LP1. I found the pumping to be a bit distacting. I still shoot great scores with the Izzy, It's like an old friend, perfectly formed grip, familiar sites and still money left over for what ever!
CraigE

IZH46

Post by CraigE »

Ditto is not wrong here, although I have not the decades of experience to tout. Still, starting (or even continuing) with the 46 can be very satisfying. With my own grip mods and careful practice, the 46 will outdo me everyday. I have moved to shooting primarily and LP1CO2 which I prefer for sight and grip adjustments. It took a long while to have the "better pistol" shoot better than the 46. Some of that goes simply to practice and a bit to the more sophisiticated pistol. However, I can pick up the 46 and comfortably shoot well whenever I select it. I doubt that I will ever part with it. FWIW
scout18

Post by scout18 »

I did a search of the archives looking for what kind of pellets are working best inthe IZH46m but could not come up with much. What kind of pellets are you folks shooting your best scores with?