HAMMERLI 280 Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
klenbore

HAMMERLI 280 Question

Post by klenbore »

Have been casually shooting pistol for a number of years now and decided to get serious about it. I located a near new HAMMERLI 280 with all the standard accessories including a mounted red dot sight. Asking price is $1075.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions (pro, con, reliability etc...) about this pistol. Thanks to all...............Bill
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

I've owned a 280 for a decade. They're nice guns in .22, although the .32 conversion units for the early production guns tend to throw flyers. The trigger is very adjustable - though I've left the thing alone - and the grip position is upright (which I prefer). The biggest advantage is being able to shift the weight and balance - with a full set of weights, the gun is HEAVY, but you can put one steel weight up in front and get a gun that is stable, yet not too hard on the shoulder.

Remember to strip the optical sight off if you shoot ISSF events.
Aussie Bob

Hammerli 280 Question

Post by Aussie Bob »

G'day,

I have seen many of these guns here in Australia that have shot very well. The only real critisism I have heard about the gun is their limited life. People who are well up in the competition world, meaning they put a lot of ammo through their guns, have found they will not hold together and become quite loose. Spares are not reliably available in Australia for Hammerli however I know Larry's Guns in the USA is able to support most Hammerlis.

A large number of these were handed in with our current buyback. The shooters used the money then to go out and buy FWB AW93, Benneli MP90S plus some Morini and some Pardini.

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob