Invitation to FWB Model 65 User group.....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joejeweler

Invitation to FWB Model 65 User group.....

Post by joejeweler »

Hi all,

......just thought i would invite all fellow "airheads"
to a new user group i set up to compliment the longer
barreled members of our manual cocking fraternity. (a dying breed, i know!) BTW...no barrel length envy here!

For those of you who have known me from posts on other sites and here in the past....you know this has always been my favorite airgun! If someone was going to set this up......why not me!

If EVER there was a pistol ideally suited to backyard fun, this is it! No CO2 or air tanks to worry about. Proven early on as a venerable "match" pistol......it has lost favor in that arena to the less demanding PCP and CO2 pistols. Cocking this pistol was never a problem for most, but i guess nobody wants to work anymore! hehe

Seriously.....a more "fun" gun there isn't. Ready to go at a moments notice, and longevity never an issue. I still shoot one of the original versions from 1965-66, along with some later versions. The pistols are all of the highest quality.....and later model have one of the highest stated velocity at around 525 FPS....making for a fair close in small game getter.

Glorified "plinker"......no question! But never priced better in the used market. I couldn't afford a "new" one when they were still being made. Now they pop up and are priced within means. Just last night someone snagged a near mint one on ebay for only $300.00 (too cheap for sure!)

(i passed on buying it now as i already have six examples, and didn't want to appear the Model 65 "pig" i am!)

....here is the link to sign up:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FW ... 5_Airguns/

This site i'm hoping will become a place to go to directly when
someone is looking to buy or sell a model 65, 80, or 90 pistol or
accessories. Technical information is being accumulated, as well.

A database has been set up for owners of the FWB Model 65, as well as related Model 80 and Model 90 guns, to aid members in dating their pistols. It may also prove useful if a pistol is lost or stolen.

Stories of some of your conquests and fondest experiences with the pistol are welcome as well.

I have initally set up a few photo albumns of some of my "keepers" of
special merit.....and some members who have never seen the
workmanship on the original FWB 65 sport grips will get a treat on
the "Early 65" photo albumn.

I'll probably elicite some strong competition in ever aquiring
another pistol or extra set of grips like this once you see how great
they look! I'm fortunate to have this "mint" left handed example on
an early 65.......and as i'm a righty they are not a temptation to
shoot with. I also have a right hand user set that feels fabulous in
the hand!

The photo's of the grip came out pretty nice........check out the
palm swell and hand checkering! (Enlarge to full size for best view).

regards,
Joseph Tousignant