IZH-46M in Australia???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
xtreme

IZH-46M in Australia???

Post by xtreme »

There seems to be lots of talk on the IZH-46 air pistol on sites. The general responses are that they are good value for money.
Here in Australia, I have yet to see/hear of one. I am looking for a new A/P, and the IZH looks like the goods for me.
Does anyone know if a dealer imports these pistols into Australia????
May all your shots be "10's"
scout18

Post by scout18 »

I cannot answer your import question. I can tell you that the pistol is in my opinion a great value. I am new to olympic airpistol shooting. I am currently shooting an IZH46M. I am averaging about538 witha PR of 540. I believe that this pistol is capable of taking me as far as I wish to go and barring some serious sponorship I will be shooting it for a long time.
Keep in mind that I am new to this end of shooting sports.
Randy Bimrose

IZH46 in Australia

Post by Randy Bimrose »

I'm not sure if they carry them but if not I'm sure they could get one for you--Try Lewis Reinhold -- Beemans Australia www.beeman.com.au or Rob Potter -- Potter Firearms www.potfire.com.au
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

Thanks
I'll email the links

Post by Guest »

Try Potter Firearms in the first instance - there is a family connection between them and Pilkington Guns in the United States who import the IZH-46 from Russia
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

Thanks to our lovely new gun/import laws, dealers are not interested in individual imports. With all the new regulations the Govt. has, it is trying to just make it so hard with BS paperwork, and to make us give up the sport.
Chris in Adelaide

Imports

Post by Chris in Adelaide »

I brought my 46M from the States when I lived there, and there was a lot of interest in it when I sold it to another member of my pistol club here in Adelaide.
Don't give up on imports, as both Lewis and Rob continue to import air pistols, and I suggest that you contact them both.
I found importing my own 4 air rifles and 2 air pistols was pretty easy, but just took a while.
HTH - Chris
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

Chris
Rob can't help. Have yet to contact Lewis.

Re 'I found importing my own 4 air rifles and 2 air pistols was pretty easy, but just took a while'.
In NSW a 'while' might be 'a long time'. My "permit to purchase" application was submitted at the end on November 2003, and is still being processed. When I do receive it, it is only valid for 3 months.

Mark
Chris in Adelaide

Ouch!

Post by Chris in Adelaide »

Mark,
It took me nearly a month to get the paperwork done, and I was cranky about that - glad I don't live in NSW, I reckon.
Good luck - Chris