FWB C25 pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
nematode

FWB C25 pistol

Post by nematode »

I know of such a gun for sale in excellent condition. I've never used one. Does anyone have any experience with it? What is your opinion of it? I am also considering acquiring a Pardini K58 or maybe an FWB 103, can't decide which to go for.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

The C25 is co2, and it was the other gun that I was watching for. I have the Walther CPM1. I've shot it about 2 years now, and have not had any problems with shooting co2.

The K58 and FWB-103 are SSP which is nice for not having to deal with a tank of gas, and thus good if you travel. Or are located where getting co2 might be a PIA.
I have the K58.

The K58 was my 1st modern 10m AP, and I got it specifically to not have to deal with a tank of gas. But my tendonitis in my elbow made it hard to charge the pistol 60+ times. So I bit the bullet and went gas. Warren helped me and put me on his list for either a FWB-C25 or a Walther CPM1. The Walther showed up first, so I got the Walther. But I take my K58 when I visit my parents, again so I don't have to deal w the logistics of gas.

gud luk
Gary

FWB C 25

Post by guest »

To "NEMATODE":

The FWB C25 har been with us for many, many years now. It is a somewhat roughly manufactured "workhorse" of a 10 m "air"-gun. A perfect gun for a gunclub, - the gun can even take some abause. But it is not a modern match gun. the trigger is not the best, somewhat rought too. And the grip? No! Does not feel right. A Morini-type replacement grip is adviceable. And you have to deal with the logistics of CO2 gas. Weighting, filling, transporting that tank...I do not like that labour.

The FWB 103 is a better choise. You will have to manually charge the gun with the undermountet lever before each shot. But once you get the habit and technique, this goes like a breeze.
Warren

FWB C25

Post by Warren »

I have to say, you must have seen a poor example of a C25 to have that opinion of it.

I shot a C25 from 1995 to 1999, at every level from club to international. When I was competitive I felt I was at no disadvantage to any other shooter, no matter what gun he shot.

If the trigger is rough, there is something wrong with it. The C25 shared the same unit as every model from C10 to P30. It was known for being super-crisp, and as long as nobody has monkeyed around with the sear engagement, it was smooth as silk. I did have a time when it went rough, we disassembled the trigger to find the transfer bar had worn a groove, 5 minutes with 1200 grit wet & dry and it was back to normal. But this gun had exceptionally high usage, by the time I sold it I'd worn a lot of the blue from it.

Factory grips, like ALL FWB factory grips, could be improved upon. I gained an average of 5-6 points a match by fitting Morinis to it.

With its cannister cylinders, going to a match with two of them full would give a shot capacity of well over 300 shots. I can't imagine having to lug the CO2 bulk bottle too many places where more than that was required.

Besides that, the vertical cylinder placement makes it far less prone to inconsistent velocity in temperature extremes. I was dumb enough to leave it in the trunk of my car leading up to a Final (95 degree Queensland summer); the gun was almost too hot to touch. But it never let me down through the sighters and Final. I know a horizontal cylinder CO2 gun would not have been so forgiving.

CO2 is little more of a problem to fill than air; sure, you need to chill cylinders and it sometimes pays to check overall weight. "Problems" occur when some very basic rules are overlooked.

And it's very rare to see a competitive shooter using a self-cocker these days, at least at a major competition. I was loathe to move to pre-charge, I shot a Model 65 for 5 years longer than I should have, but it does make a difference to energy expended on the line. Frankly, I'm so match-unfit these days I couldn't even consider a self-cocker.

fwb C25 and M30

Post by guest »

Sorry, Warren.
I have used several fwb pistols over the past 25 years. Among other brands. I do dissagree with you about the triggers of the fwb pistols. They are not superb. The Morini air pistols are known for their excellent triggers. that sets the standard. FWB triggers have never come close to that technical level.

And by the way, the M30 was never considered a succsessful gun. Neither was the M34. Lets hope the new M40 proves to be better.
Luis Pacheco

FWB C25

Post by Luis Pacheco »

Dear friends,

I agree with Waren, I find the C25 a wonderfull pistol. Actualy I am using a C20, with the same trigger unit. It is very adjustable in all ways.

This are very strong guns, well built. I also use a Styer LP1 and my best result 572 have been reached with the FWB.

Mine has about 12 years and is still in good shape. The factory support is excelent, I ordered a set of seals and the were very quick and efficient.

After I changed the shape of the grip it became acceptable (Morinis were too expensive ;-)

Good luck
AP
Nano

FWb 25 (FWB 103)

Post by Nano »

Where did you plan to BUY YOUR USED GUN FWB 103?
I am interested in the same pistol, but I have NEVER SEEN ONE IN SALE OF SECOND HAND.

Thank You,

Nano