Pardini K-60

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dan Hankins

Pardini K-60

Post by Dan Hankins »

I just traded for my second Pardini K-60. If I had known better, I would not have sold the first one.

Pilkington has some of these K-60s that have been rebuilt and are ready to shoot. I prefer mine with the Nygord Turbo comp, and was lucky enough to get one that had the Turbo comp on it.

These older CO-2 pistols are a real piece of equipment. Fairly sinple, real accurate, and shoot straight. I was a little concerned about the velosity, but i found that I could get a little over 500 fps with RWS Geco pellets and about 478 fps with the Vogel Sports rifle weight pellets. The reason for my concern about velosity, is that I like to shoot air pistol silhouette in the back yard in the warmer months. I needed enough poser to knock down the rams at 18 yards. The pardini does this with authority now. I have not tested shot count, but I have gone as far as 100 full power shots on a tank.

For those that might want to use a red dot sight, there is a barrel weight for the K-60 that has a flat top that would easily hold a short piece of scope base so that a red dot coule be added with ease.

Another plus is that the K-60 that I have and the one that I sold were not fussy about what pellet you use. Another indication of a quality pistol.

If you are looking for an entry level 10 m pistol, or a great air pistol silhouette pistol at a reasonable price, I would suggest that you consider the Pardini K-60. I am in awe of this pistol and can't figure out why there are not thousands in use.

Pilkington Competition does not pay me for this or any other endorsement. Results may vary. But if Warren or Scott describe a pistol's condition and performance you can be assurred that the gun will be as described, or may be a little better.

Respectfully,
Dan Hankins AKA Bubba
Jay V

Re: Pardini K-60

Post by Jay V »

Dan Hankins wrote:I just traded for my second Pardini K-60. If I had known better, I would not have sold the first one.

Pilkington has some of these K-60s that have been rebuilt and are ready to shoot. I prefer mine with the Nygord Turbo comp, and was lucky enough to get one that had the Turbo comp on it.

These older CO-2 pistols are a real piece of equipment. Fairly sinple, real accurate, and shoot straight. I was a little concerned about the velosity, but i found that I could get a little over 500 fps with RWS Geco pellets and about 478 fps with the Vogel Sports rifle weight pellets. The reason for my concern about velosity, is that I like to shoot air pistol silhouette in the back yard in the warmer months. I needed enough poser to knock down the rams at 18 yards. The pardini does this with authority now. I have not tested shot count, but I have gone as far as 100 full power shots on a tank.

For those that might want to use a red dot sight, there is a barrel weight for the K-60 that has a flat top that would easily hold a short piece of scope base so that a red dot coule be added with ease.

Another plus is that the K-60 that I have and the one that I sold were not fussy about what pellet you use. Another indication of a quality pistol.

If you are looking for an entry level 10 m pistol, or a great air pistol silhouette pistol at a reasonable price, I would suggest that you consider the Pardini K-60. I am in awe of this pistol and can't figure out why there are not thousands in use.

Pilkington Competition does not pay me for this or any other endorsement. Results may vary. But if Warren or Scott describe a pistol's condition and performance you can be assurred that the gun will be as described, or may be a little better.

Respectfully,
Dan Hankins AKA Bubba
We have purchased one for a club gun and one for a club member, and have been very pleased with them.

I like the fact that they have a removable cylinder like a PC gun, so you can chill it and check it for a complete fill - that and it holds a lot more CO2 that the internal system. That makes it a lot handier for a club gun.

The grips are decent, balance is neutral, loading is easy, sights are good, it has dry-fire with the use of a wrench in the switch on the side, trigger is good, holds a decent amount of CO2, comes with 2 cylinders, is refurbished, looks to be plenty accurate, and has Pilkington behind it so you know there won't be any bad surprises.

For someone looking for a 10M pistol in the $400 range, it is a best-buy in my opinion also.

Jay V
IL
www.aiac-airguns.org
knotdoc

sght adjustment and dry firing

Post by knotdoc »

Hello Bubba,

I was wondering if the rear sight of the K-60 is adjustable for width or depth and whether it can be dry fired without release of gas? I am having problems with an FWB C-20's shallow rear sight. My reduced vision makes sight alignment difficult and has reduced my scores. I have returned to the trusty IIZH with deeper sights allowing more light and improved sight alighment. It has improved my grouping but agrivates my tennis elbow.

I have been wondering about the K-60 but could find no information on the sights or the dry fire capacity. Thanks for any infomraiton you may have.

Stephen Klein
Jay V

Re: sght adjustment and dry firing

Post by Jay V »

knotdoc wrote:Hello Bubba,

I was wondering if the rear sight of the K-60 is adjustable for width or depth and whether it can be dry fired without release of gas? I am having problems with an FWB C-20's shallow rear sight. My reduced vision makes sight alignment difficult and has reduced my scores. I have returned to the trusty IIZH with deeper sights allowing more light and improved sight alighment. It has improved my grouping but agrivates my tennis elbow.

I have been wondering about the K-60 but could find no information on the sights or the dry fire capacity. Thanks for any infomraiton you may have.

Stephen Klein
No, the rear blade is not adjustable. I did open-up the rear blade on our club gun. It can be done carefully with a small file that doesn't have teeth on the thin edges, like a point file for breaker points (remember them). It does take some work, but can be done nicely if you take your time. I have found that about the same gap as the front sight width (usually 4.5mm or .177 on an air pistol) is pretty close for me. It does change with the distance between the sights, so be careful and work slowly. Deepening the notch is a little more complicated, but can be done in a similar way.

It does dry-fire without releasing gas (the only true dry-fire). It has a bolt that you put an Allen wrench in to change it from dry to live-fire. Not as quick as some, but not bad.

If you have more questions you can contact Warren at Pilkington (931) 924-3400.

Jay V
IL
JPM

Post by JPM »

As a recent purchaser of one of these (delivered last Friday) I am really impressed.

No, it may not have all the trimmings of a new LP series from Styer, but what you get for $380 is quite a deal! I am currently looking for a nice case for it - looking in the trash at work for an old instrument case - too cheap to buy one.

Try one - you will like it.

JPM
Dan Hankins

K-60 sights and dry fire

Post by Dan Hankins »

Knotdoc.
JV pretty well covered the questions you have.

I had a C-20 short version, and the oldet IZH-46. I can't remember if the C-20 had a rear sight that was adjustable for depth by moving a plate up or down or not. Certainly the sight could be altered as JV suggested for the Pardini.

The K-60 sight is not adjustable. Rather you change rear sight plated by removing the two screws on the sight plate and replacing the sight. There are probably some wider rear sights "out there" some where.

I did not get arount to it, but, I looked at the rear sight of a TAU-7. These pistols came with some additional rear sight plates. You can turn each one over and there is another width cut into the bottom. I did not get time to try it, but just holding them sight to sight, it looks like the TAU-7 sight plate has the holes for the screws at about the same width. Might be worth checking this out.

I have a wide rear sight adjustment on my other 10 m pistols. The K-60 is quite a narrow rear sight. But that may not be all bad.

I discussed the rear sight width with a person of some skill in 10 m air pistol and he suggested that the narrow rear sight is, in his opinion a good thing. Instead of worrying with getting the front sight in the middle of the sight picture, the person with the narrow rear sight only has to be able to see light on both sides of the front sight. Kind of a go/no go situation, not requiring much attention. I have tried this, and it seems to work better than I had expected. I shoot with a +1.25 or +1.50 lense depending on how tired my eyes are that day.

Respectfully,
Bubba