Izh 46 vs. 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Grzegorz Gladyszewski

Izh 46 vs. 46M

Post by Grzegorz Gladyszewski »

What is a difference between IZH46 and 46M? Do you know any web site where this to models have been compared?

Grzegorz
JoeG

comparison of IZH46 & 46M

Post by JoeG »

The newer M version of the extreme value IZH-46 differs in that it has a longer compression tube allowing it to put the pellet out at approximately 475 fps vs. 420-425 for the original 46. I'm pretty sure that the overall length of the guns is the same. The longer compression tube also accounts for the 46M being heavier in the front although both models have a forward bias to their balance. Obviously the balance aspect will be a decision of personal preference. For myself I usually prefer that type of balance and find both quite comfortable in that regard. Best regards, Joe G.
Norm

Post by Norm »

Go to the IZH page in pilkguns.com. He has pictures of the two versions. The difference is subtle and all in the compression tube and its linkage. If you didn't know the difference was there, you probably wouldn't notice. I believe only the "M" is being manufactured now. I have an M and I've shot a friends non-M version. I really can't tell the difference.

Enjoy,
Norm
Nano

izh 46 M

Post by Nano »

Gregory:

If you want to buy a pistol, buy the M version!.
even with the increment of speed in the version M, for my pleasure, the speed of the iZH continuous being a little low, some targets are not of international quality, (targets facts in local printings), they are not clean cut for the pellets shot with the IZH 46M, I hopefully the Russian engineers send a version where the speed of the gun is of 510 fps, so that it is similar to the German air guns.
Although speed doesn't have anything to see with accurately, the owners of Russian guns feel they are in disadvantage for the aesthetic aspect of the holes in the targets.
It is my opinion.

Nano