Seeeking MG2 owners to discuss adjustments

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PJinHawaii

Seeeking MG2 owners to discuss adjustments

Post by PJinHawaii »

I am a new MG2 Owner. I absolutely love it, It has a fabulouis grip and the best trigger I know of, but it is a bit tricky to keep adjusted properly. I'd love to chat with MG2 owners that understand how to adjust the 5 adjustment screws to correct for problems such as not re-cocking after a shot, or multiple shots with one pull of the trigger. Etc.

I understand that screw #2 adjusts the overlap in the "sear" (I think that is the right jargon), but I'm not sure what affect the other screws have on dependable semi-auto function.

Any other MG2 owners out there?

PJ
MG2 owner

Post by MG2 owner »

Didn't it come with the instruction? There are 2 screws for trigger travels, correspondingly 2 screws for trigger weights and 1 screw for trigger stop point. Mine came with the factory set 1360 gr trigger weight which I'm going to lower to standard 1000 gr, with about 700 gr for the first stage and the rest for the second stage.
I didn't have any problems shooting it, only 2 or 3 times out of 50 the hammer failed to stay cocked, but lowered itself on the striker pin after the forward slide movement, without the shot though. It happened during first 10 or 15 shots though, the gun is new. I suspect that the load may be too light to push the slide all the way back to cock the gun properly, the slide itself is light, but actually there is a considerable effort to raise the hammer all the way up. Using a stronger ammo maybe the solution, I'll see in the future. Otherwise the gun is excellent, every bit as good as I expected it to be.
Scott H.

trigger and function

Post by Scott H. »

I own an MG-2. It feels great, and shoots very well. I've had the experience of having the hammer follow the slide forward after a shot. That was corrected, in my case, by having a touch more sear engagement. cheers.