Pardini .32 eats magazines

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Pez

Pardini .32 eats magazines

Post by Pez »

My Pardini 32sw long (just acquired) is cycling fine for 5 or 6 cosecutive shots or so, but then then (for want of a better word) the "ejector tang" at back off side of the magazine gets out of wack and jams the bolt so as not to operate.

The afore mentioned elector needs to be straightened up so as to fit in the groove for it in in the bolt. Loads are only 2 grains for target purposes,
and otherwise a mighty fine "piece".

Help please,..............why,what and how.

Thanks guys
David Levene

Re: Pardini .32 eats magazines

Post by David Levene »

Pez wrote:Loads are only 2 grains for target purposes
You do not give details of the powder or bullet but that sounds like an awful lot of powder for a .32

Perhaps others can confirm as it is now over 10 years since I reloaded.
Kent Reinhamre

Re: Pardini .32 eats magazines

Post by Kent Reinhamre »

This Pardini is rather tight in barrel <.311
100 grains hollow base (HN .312) 1.44 grain Vectan Ba 10

The barrel can move back if you shoot with strong load!

Have changed barrel to Walther .314. .314 HN bullet 1.2 grains OK
.32 gunner

which powder?

Post by .32 gunner »

Hi.

By your mentioning of powder charge weight only, I get the impression that you are not an experienced cartridge reloader?

2 gns. of what? And bullet weight? 83 , 90 98 og 100 gns?

In Australia, - could you be using a powder that is unfamiliar to us? One of the Scott products, or Scott relabeled powders?

I would recomment that you try a traditional load of, say a wadcutter-bullet of ca 98 gns. Backed by a medium charge of say 1,4 to 1,45 gns of one of the faster pistol/shotgun powders, like VV310, Nobel p801 or Norma R1.

If you are using 2 gns of one of the aforementioned powders, then I would have to protest to, if I was your Pardini.

Some of the manuals list a starting load of about 2 gns and a 98 gns bullet, yes. But that load is intended for revolvers, with a round nose bullet, seated well out of the cartridge case mouth. Then the case gets a much larger "boiler-room".

Please take care when reading reloading manuals. And let some experienced pal help you out in the beginning.

Good luck.