pardini sp or spe

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

pardini sp or spe

Post by dam8 »

What are the diffrernces? Is one model better than the other?

Post by Guest »

Where did you see spe? Is this a new model? Did not see it at the Pardini web site.
Fabian

SPE Vs. SP

Post by Fabian »

The Old models, pardini-Fiocchi are the SPE's. I understand that those have weaker frames and the trigger adjustments are different. Otherwise, both pistols are the same.
sparky

Post by sparky »

The SP is the newer, improved version of the SPE. The frame was strengthened in response to some reports of cracking. There are other minor differences, but not much. The new SPs also have springloaded weight system in the front that is supposed to reduce recoil; SPEs and older SPs don't have it, but the SPs for sure (and maybe the SPEs), can swap it on with just a newer barrel.
Tom

little bit more difference

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I have both a very early SPE and a almost new SP. putting them side by side I notice.

1) Frame. It was true that the frames were changed for cracking issues although I have never seen a broken one.

2) The bolt is different diameter, the SP being larger. The cocking "wings" are different providing easier bolt manunipulation. The bolt hold open is slightly different.

3) The barrels and shroud is different. The SP has the weight system, the SPE has a hollow shroud. The SPE is lighter, less muzzle heavy. I took the weights out of the SP because I noticed that my arm was getting the shakes from the additional weight way out there.

4) The barrel retaining bolt system is different. The SPE has a long stud with a long bolt that is not retained. The SP has a captive bolt, smaller and shorter, and the stud on the frame is short. They will not interchange.

5) The SP has a ribbed top with a modified weaver rail slot. The SPE is flat, no grooves.

6) The rear sights are different. Just different adj knobs.

7) The SP has a "trigger weight check" groove in it.

OK, that's about all I notice on a quick look see. I'm sure there are many more differences under the hood.

OK, I'm off to the range......

Tom
RML

Pardini

Post by RML »

Talking about Pardini: A European gun-mag recently wrote that Pardini has a new SP coming, with a new recoilabsorber and an electronic trigger. The new pistol is said to be available already this year.

RML
Tom

Wonder if this is the trickledown from the RF guns

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I wonder if this is the way they are going to recoup the investment they made in the RF pistols now that those are going away? Makes perfect sense or should I say Cents.

Looks like I'll be calling Don for a new toy.....

Tom