Military Rapid Fire - what is it??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Paul - in Denver

Post by Paul - in Denver »

Gang:

I'm planning on going to Edmonton in July of this year and have noticed a "Military Rapid Fire" event on the programme.

Can anyone tell me how this event differs from olympic rapid fire. I'm esp interested in any minimum\maximum caliber restrictions.

Thanks!

Paul
RML

Post by RML »

If it is the same "military rapid fire" that we shoot here in Norway, and that is shot in international military championships, it is 60 shots fired on ONE international rapid fire target. The course of fire is: 4 series in 10 seconds, 4 series in 8 seconds, and 4 series in 6 seconds, 5 shots in each of the series.
I think it is fired with pistols from .32 and up to .38 (or even bigger??) in military competitions. In Norway we also shoot this event with standard pistols (.22lr), and it is very popular (more than standard pistol, sports pistol, etc.).

RML
Mike Taylor

military rapid fire - CISM

Post by Mike Taylor »

RML has it right. More information is available at www.cism-milsport.org
Note that maximum calibre is .38. Sorry, Paul, no .45's :-)
Paul - In Denver

Post by Paul - In Denver »

Mike,

I'm actually thrilled that you cant use a .45 - one less gun to lug all the way to Canada - the .45 is my least favorite to shoot anyway.

I had planned on bringing a SW52 for the centerfire event and it sounds like it will also double as my military rapid fire gun as well. This is assuming civilians are even allowed to participate

Thanks for the link - I'll give it a peek.

Take care

Paul
Paul in Denver

Post by Paul in Denver »

Thank you RML for the information you provided.

Paul