practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

practice

Post by Guest »

I shoot informally. I presently have 3 pistols an IZH 46, an LP1 and a Morini 162. I shoot the PCP alternatly. some days I shoot the Steyr better and some days the Morini. My question is this. Should I pick one and shoot it exclusively or is it ok to switch back and forth? Dave
Southpaw

Practice

Post by Southpaw »

I shot 2 AP's for awhile, usually shooting each for a month at a time. My plan was to find the one I shot better with and then sell the other. After a year, I still had no clear winner, so I flipped a coin and sold one.
It really depends on your goals. If you're having fun shooting all three and you're happy with the scores then keep going. If you find that you consistently shoot better with one of the group and you plan to compete with goals in that regard then I think you can figure out where I'm going. I think a lot of posters would agree that results (higher scores) are what we're all looking for, but I have fun shooting even if I have an off session at the range.

Southpaw
JoeG

which gun?

Post by JoeG »

As an avid shooter and collector I can certainly sympathize with your question. I enjoy shooting my different guns and just having fun. Three of the pistols I consider my top shooters, a FWB 103, SAM K11 and a Steyr LP-1P. Although I occassionally alternate which one I am using as my main shooter (for competition) I really try to stay focused on one when I am shooting my serious practice sessions and matches. You need to keep things as consistent as possible in order to do well or to better your scores. There is a saying, "beware the man with one gun" which sort of sums it all up. In the meantime don't lose the fun either.