CF Revolver

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dave Simons

CF Revolver

Post by Dave Simons »

I am looking for a CF revolve, the Domino and Manurhin have been mentioned in prior posts but are not readily available as has an upgrade of a S&W revolver. I would probably lean toward the latter.

Clark Custom Guns offers a conversion built on the Smith & Wesson model 67 .38 Special revolver they call the “Harry Reeves” Lightweight Revolver build for the match of the same name at Camp Perry.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Clark conversion.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/revreeves.htm
ferret

Re: CF Revolver

Post by ferret »

Dave Simons wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on this Clark conversion.
Well, it seems to focus on DA shooting, which is logical since the match it got its name from is basically a NRA Bullseye match, but only for revolvers with iron sights.

It would probably do very nicely for field target, Swedish style, but for ISSF CF I think a good SA trigger pull is the priority, so it is not clear to me that the modifications are of much use for that.
ferret

Post by ferret »

Perhaps I was a little quick in responding. The 67 only comes with a 4 inch barrel as standard, so if you feel 6 inch is better, that in itself could make it worth the extra money.

For me, if I need to upgrade from my 14, a Manurhin is probably more practical as we have a good importer of it, and with taxes and shipping may even be slightly cheaper, but otherwise I could consider the modified 67, only not primarily for ISSF CF.
sbow

Re: CF Revolver

Post by sbow »

ferret wrote:Well, it seems to focus on DA shooting, which is logical since the match it got its name from is basically a NRA Bullseye match, but only for revolvers with iron sights.

It would probably do very nicely for field target, Swedish style, but for ISSF CF I think a good SA trigger pull is the priority, so it is not clear to me that the modifications are of much use for that.
While Bullseye is a single-hand competition, revolvers in Bullseye are generally shot single-action, thumb-cocked between shots, even for the timed and rapid-fire strings. For the 50 yard (45.7 meter) slow-fire strings of a full outdoor match, SA is almost universal. Perhaps Clark took an improved SA pull as a given in a Bullseye gun and made specific mention of the double-action for the benefit of those who do use DA for timed and rapid-fire? In any case, I am sure they would be happy to answer questions if posed. Their contact page includes a toll-free number for N. America and a technical number that should be available from abroad.
Bob W

S&W CF

Post by Bob W »

The “Harry Reeves” Lightweight Revolver looks like a light barreled PPC gun to me. You might instead try to find a local "Bullseye" gunsmith to build you a single action CF revolver on a S&W K frame.