Shooting clubs/competitions for AP, AR & 22 in the North

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Anonymous4.5.2004

Shooting clubs/competitions for AP, AR & 22 in the North

Post by Anonymous4.5.2004 »

Hi, I live in New York and am trying to find amateur competitions and clubs in my area of air rifle and pistol and 22 rifle and pistol. Any help would be useful. Thank you
K. Snyder

Post by K. Snyder »

Where are you located? I can help you with info on Clubs in the Western and Central regions of NYS. Others on this Board can better help with options downstate (NYC area).

Ken.
Don

events in NY

Post by Don »

Have you checked the NRA and USAS websites? Or their magazines? Those are the first places I would look.
JoeG

NY area matches..

Post by JoeG »

There are various competitions up in Wappinger Falls at the Duchess County Pistol Association. On Sunday 4-18 there will be an air rifle field target match held there. There are also air and firearms matches held at RPI in Troy, a bit below Albany. If it is not too much a reach there are a number of good matches available in NJ and Pa, makes for a nice day trip. In NJ there is Citizen's in Hightstown and Delran does metallic silhouette (shot a match last Sunday) and FT. In Pa. there is Palmerton and the DCFS (Delaware County Field & Stream) in Media, near Philadelphia (they had a FT match last Sunday). For more details contact me directly. If it fits you should try to make the Wappinger Falls FT match on the 18th, if you need a rifle with scope I can lend you one. Joe G.
Anonymous4.5.2004

Post by Anonymous4.5.2004 »

To JoeG, can you give me some more information on such matches. Also, I'm predominately a target air pistol/rifle and .22 shooter, do you know of any such competitions? I don't yet shoot FT and don't have a scope so I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to. Thanks in advance.