Opinion on Rink grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mack

Opinion on Rink grip

Post by Mack »

I'm in the market for a large grip for my Steyr LP10. The cost of the Rink grip and the Steyr grip are the same. Have any of y'all compared the 2 grips? What are the differences?

Opinions please...

Thanks
Bob

Post by Bob »

I prefer Rink. When my hand swells it's very easy to adjust for the swelling.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Is that the biggest difference, the adjustability of the palm rest? How about the shape and fit? Or are the fundamentally the same?
Ian

Rink Grops

Post by Ian »

Mark,

I am currently using Rink Grips on my TOZ35 and am very impressed with the workmanship used to produce the grip.

There are several key difference that makes the Rink grip more attractive for those of us that have large hands. The Rink grip has several adjustments that allow you to alter the position of the palm shelf even beyong the demensions of the grip as well as being able to adjust the width of the grip.

If you look at Rink's web site, you can get an idea as to the outstanding features of Thomas Rink's grips. After checking out the detailed discussion of all the features, I think you'll go with the Rink grip. I know, I did.

if there are any questrions, please don't hesitate to email me.

Just remember, keep'em all in the 10 ring,
Ian
Tom

Rink's

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I have Rink's on my Pardini K60 and my SP. I like them much better than the stock ones or a set of Bowlers I have on my OSP. I have the blue/grey laminates. The contrast with the pistols nicely. The grip surface is rough and I didn't even have to adjust the shelf for my hand on either set. I have noticed 2 things though.

1) The shelf finish is not as rough as the rest of the grip. This is because the "Grain" of the shelf is not in the same direction and maybe the stippling machine can't dig as far into the grain.

2) They tend to be a very snug fit on the pistol. It took about 20 minutes of sanding to fit my K60's, but the SP went right on. However, trying the same set on an older SPE, they wouldn't fit an at all.

Hope it helps,

Tom
Evia

Karl NIll

Post by Evia »

My friends, allow me to recommend Karl Nill grips. They are excellent. Have superior quality, excellent fit and very nice finish. The service of those guys at Florida is excellent. Look at them at www.nill-grips.com. Ask for Wes Richardson

Rgds,

Evia, Mexico.
Alex L

Grips

Post by Alex L »

On most of my grips I have Stiplex applied. It is a coating of fine cork grains, and it stops the hand slipping when it perspires. I did it myself, with the varnish going on the grip first, and while it was still wet, I sprinkled on the cork grains.
If you cannot get Stiplex, you can use walnut shells, that are used in a vibrator to clean the cases.
When it is dry, you seal the grip with another coat of good quality varnish.
The grains give an extra grip to the hand, plus, when your hand is sweating the space between the grains gives more ventilation, and therefore your hand does not slip as much.
I feel it is better than good checking on the grip. which can get filled with dirt, or the grease from your skin.
The Stiplex can always be removed, later on, if you decide you don't like it.
I prefer an adjustable palm-rest, as hot or cold weather can affect the size of your hand. I remember, one time in Darwin - Northern Territory, Oz, where it is very hot and humid, my hand swelled so much that the palm rest was down as far as it would go, and then I had trouble fitting it in the box!! The quality of the wood makes a difference also.
sparky

Post by sparky »

I've only examined Rink grips in person on a Pardini K2 and free pistol. I thought they were excellent. Definitely better than the the stock grip on my Steyr LP-1 (though it's not bad itself).
IMHO, the stippling on the Rink felt sharper (which I like). The shape of the grip seemed to fill my hand better. It didn't necessarily feel bigger, but it seemed to have more of a sort of rectangular "block"-like feel that fit my hand very well. I would LOVE to have Rink grips on all of my guns if I could afford 'em.
Unfortunately, I'm poor... Some day... :)
dsingh

Post by dsingh »

I got the Rinks for my Pardini SP and HP. I liked them a lot better than the ones that came with the guns mainly since I have smaller hands and the 2 choices that Pardini offers didnt fit me well. I did have a lot of trouble making the guns ISSF legal though.

The overhang on the hand ( just above the web of the hand ) was 35 mm instead of the 25 mm allowed.
The HP did not fit into the box with the grip. I had to belt sand one face by 3- mm to make it fit ( this cause the HP has a thicker bolt and that means the grip didnt get the advantage of a diagnol fit
The thumb rest was way down - I built it up about 12-15 mm to get the thumb inline with the barrel.

Also I noticed the angle of the grips is more wrist down than stock. Also the grip is set further back from the pistol so the trigger had to be adjusted back ( not a prob since the Pardinis have such a small reach ). But this also affects the balance of the gun so they feel decidedly nose heavy - that took some getting used to in the duelling section of the match.

I reported this to Don Nygord and he said he would take it up with the guys in Germany so I am hoping atleast the compliance issues are fixed.

That said the heel adjustment system is great and makes for a very reliable and precise change even during a match.