IZH 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scout18

IZH 46M

Post by scout18 »

Ok, new guy here. I have shot one match, a sectional. Lots of fun, shot a 538. Got regionals in a week or so. I shoot an IZH 46M and I am wondering about dry firing it. Is it ok? do I charge it and shoot it, or just cycle the cocking mechanism?
I like the gun and after doing some reading from the archives I have started to fit the grip. Next is the trigger. Ican feel the first stage kind of like taking up the slack. Then the break is very crisp. Thank you whoever posted the 90 quarter thing. I am not sure just what 510 grams feels like, must be about a pound or so. any way I do not think the trigger is correct. I would hate to be disqualified after shooting a great score. I would sure like to here from any of you more experienced Baikal owners out there.
PASA008

IZH46M

Post by PASA008 »

The IZH is a great pistol for the $. 500GM is 1.1 lbs. Get a trigger scale, (very handy to eeasure all your gun's) or borrow one. In a lot of clubs usually someone has one. If you shot a match, they should have checked the weight at check in.
PASA008

IZH46M

Post by PASA008 »

The IZH is a great pistol for the $. 500GM is 1.1 lbs. Get a trigger scale, (very handy to eeasure all your gun's) or borrow one. In a lot of clubs usually someone has one. If you shot a match, they should have checked the weight at check in. You can dryfire it by just cocking the trigger, don't load the air.

Post by Guest »

My IZH46M as rcd (new) was only 300 gms, easy to adjust with a gage.
sodeman

Post by sodeman »

I just cock it without cycling the lever to dry fire. I also measured the trigger pull with a lyman gauge, and it came out above 500g out of the box, and has remained there after over 3000 rounds.
JoeG

dry/live firing...

Post by JoeG »

If you want, you can charge it and lock down the breech cover as you would to fire, only don't load the pellet. This does not present a problem for any single shot pneumatic that I am familiar with and certainly is not for the IZH, in fact they even mention this in the manual if my memory serves me well. I probably have put over 40,000 pellets through my early 46 and also did a lot of dry firing with discharge. I find the feel of the trigger seems more accurate that way. The only problem I ever experienced with the gun was with the small spring which applies pressue to the breech cover, it got tired and broke. An appropriately cut down pen spring made for a quick and reliable replacement.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Thanks folks. I am having a great time shooting this pistol. I went to the hardware store today and got stuff to make a weight that is 1.11 pounds.
I have regionals this weekend and have high expectations. Look for my name at Nationals. I am shooting very well. Well talk is cheap. Time to practice.