Sight Adjustment for IZH-46

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JimR

Sight Adjustment for IZH-46

Post by JimR »

I've looked at the 10P files, and still have a question regarding sight adjustment on the IHZ-46M. If my groups are hitting to the right of the bull, do I turn the adjustment screw toward "L", to move my groups to the left, or "R", since my groups are right of where I want them to be? Just want to be sure before I start playing with it. Thanks for your time.
TomF

Post by TomF »

I would suggest you start playing with it. Turn the knob 20+ turns and see which way it goes. Fire test shots so you know exactly how far the clicks are apart. And I dont mean one click, move the sight 20 clicks and see where it takes your shot. Then divide the distance by the number of clicks and you will know how much your sight needs to be adjusted to keep your poa and poi the same.

You need to familiarize yourself with the sights so you dont have this problem when you start shooting.
Mack

Post by Mack »

If you want the group to move left, turn the knob to the L. This is the exact opposite to my Steyr. Gets confusing sometimes.
aa2tn

IZH46 sight adjustments

Post by aa2tn »

I would check it by doing what Tom sugested and moving 20 clicks in one direction and then see where it hits. However I belive it is such that you turn the screw toward the direction the pellet is hitting. For example, if you are shooting high, turn the elevation screw toward the H and if you are shooting to the left, turn the windage screw toward the L. My FWB C-10 is the same way.