Domino (FAS?) .32 revolver - anyone seen or used one before?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
from Rome

Post by from Rome »

The distributor? My guess is that the distributor who is selling, in US, the FAS, is also selling those revolvers. But it is safer to ask Mr. Mencarelli
at info@dominoguns.com
s.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

from Rome wrote:The distributor? My guess is that the distributor who is selling, in US, the FAS, is also selling those revolvers.
I checked an old (1999) Gun Digest directory which listed Don Nygord / Nygord Precision as the FAS distributor in the United States. However his website has no mention of FAS which makes me wonder whether he has dropped the FAS Domino line of products.
www.nygord-precision.com
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Don and FAS parted ways several years ago.
troop

domino/FAS

Post by troop »

Emailed Domino a couple of days ago, haven't heard a peep. "s." if you run into Mr. Mencarelli again could you find out for us who the US Rep is.

Looked on the web the FAS Canadan Rep is Guns & Things, but if you click to enter you end up @ a calgery Range...Potter in Oz is the only other one I could find...Haven't asked them about it yet.
Mike Taylor

FAS contact - Guns & Things

Post by Mike Taylor »

Mark, at Guns & Things, is still in business, I believe, but his web-site is not "up" and hits are redirected to the Calgary shooting club. Try contacting Mark by e-mail at: info@gunsnthings.ca
He is also posting some guns for sale on the Saskatchewan Handgun web-site ( www.saskhandgun.ca ).
from Rome

Post by from Rome »

Ok. I'll meet Mr. Mencarelli this sunday, in Rome. And I'll ask him about who actually is selling (and agents and distributors) those revolvers in US.
Regards, s. (scerir)

updatefrom Rome

Post by Guest »

I can say something more now.
1. There are no distributors or agents in US, at this moment, for that revolver Domino/Alfa.Proi. Anyone interested must buy it directly from Domino Guns.
2. The revolver (I saw it yesterday) looks good and fine. It looks like a match revolver. Well balanced (I do not think it needs those weights).
3. It comes with a fixed (non movable) palm rest grip. That grip, in the picture (above in this thread), with a movable palm rest, does not fit the rules. So they are making some modification now.
4. Front sight is good or perfect. Rear sight is also good. Unfortunately there is that *white* outline (how do you say outline or contour line) we often see in non match rear sight weapons. I prefer the sights completely black, of course.
5. The trigger tongue comes with a very large shoe (you could see it in the picture). But you can also remove it (esp. people with short fingers).
6. The trigger does not seem extremely well fine tuned, at the moment. It seems a bit too long. You feel the "travel". But they are making (planning to make) some modification to overcome this problem.
Summing up. Imo the revolver looks very good and very cheap indeed. I hope they remove that white "contour", on the rear sight, and they fix that trigger problem, as soon as possible.
Anyone interested in become the distributor, in the US?
Saluti da s. (Rome)
william

Post by william »

Just my opinion, but this looks like the "beta" version of a match revolver. Maybe in the future it will be worth the $800USD.