feinwerkbau trigger on a steyr?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sparky

feinwerkbau trigger on a steyr?

Post by sparky »

Does anyone know if a Feinwerkbau p34 trigger will fit on a Steyr lp-1p or lp-10?
Illya Kuryakin

Trigger Shoe

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

I assume you're talking about the trigger 'shoe'?

Yes, you can. You might find that the slot in the FWB tang is a little too tight. Gently tease it apart slightly with a screwdriver. If you have more finesse, you can re-size it by sanding the slot a teensy weensy little but be careful not distort it or you might end up getting a trigger that moves around a little.

If you're adventerous, try experimenting with different trigger shoes. I have custom carved, moulded and fitted different shoes made out of different materials.

All the best!
sparky

Post by sparky »

Actually, I was hoping for not just the shoe, but also the post the shoe mounts to, though from your description, you might be including this in the shoe where you say "tang". Basically, I'm trying to get a trigger that is further back, but I don't like the stock LP-1 trigger.

I figured if I got the FWB and turned the post backward so that it put the trigger shoe closer to the back of the frame, it would do the trick.
Illya Kuryakin

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

Yes you can use the FWB 'post' or 'tang' which attaches the shoe to the gun. All the points I mentioned in my first post applies. Since you're facing trigger length problems, you'll find that the FWB post is made of a soft aluminium so you can file it flatter a little if you need to. Just do it sloooowly and be careful.

Assuming that you have the grip adjustments screws at the back all the way in, another alternative is to consider filing away some wood from the back of the grip area where the web of your hand contacts the grip. That would also bring the trigger 'closer' to your liking.

Have fun!
sparky

Post by sparky »

Thanks for the info!