Morini 162 oring question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CAS

Morini 162 oring question

Post by CAS »

Have a 162 EI, the small o-ring that is on the pellet probe seems to have a small slit in it.
1. Is this common
2. how hard is it to replace? (do I have to take that probe out or can I just slip a new one on?
3. What is the o-ring size?

thanks
TomF

Post by TomF »

Mine does too. But I dont feel any air coming out the breech.
CAS

Post by CAS »

I don't either...I was just curious as I have never owned one before.

Maybe it's oversized and closes down when closed in? Or maybe it just being there is good enough.

I just got this one and it's about 2000 rounds into use for me and all is well.
Raymac

Morini o-ring;

Post by Raymac »

The crack is definitely not normal. The part No. is 162027A. It is a 3.5 X 1.2 metric o-ring. Should be available from www.airgunsonly.com. A good way to test for leaks is to drape a piece of toilet tissue or similar over the breech, load a pellet and fire. If the tissue jumps you have a leak!! Good luck.
David M

O ring

Post by David M »

The O rings do wear. As a rule I re-seal my air pistol every 12 months.
To test for a breech leak, hold a lit match close to the breech and fire a pellet, a small leak will make the flame flicker, a large leak will blow out the match.
Replace the O ring for a large leak.
Remove the grip, remove the back strap and spring, remove the side cocking lever.
The loading pin is retained in the frame by a pin (the one that slides in the slot on the L/H side), on the R/H side of the frame there is a hole that will allow a small pin punch to tap out the crosspin and then remove the loading pin out the back of the frame.
Replace the Oring and lubricate, re install the loading pin (the right way up), tap the crosspin back in. DO NOT tap it in too far as it will jam up on the other side of the frame and may not allow any movement.
Re assemble back strap with spring and fit grips.
CAS

Re: O ring

Post by CAS »

Thanks I'll give some of this a try today.
AD

Post by AD »

My Morini 162Ei had a leak in the o-ring after 10,000 pellets. The back strap torx screw would'nt come loose so I was told to use a Dental pick to remove the o-ring. When I had it chronoed even with the leak it had a varitation of 8 so I've left it as its is and its shooting fine.
CAS

Post by CAS »

I did as the other poster suggested, I contacted www.airgunsonly.com and the guy there sent me a couple o-rings for free and I didn't even buy the gun from him.

AD wrote:My Morini 162Ei had a leak in the o-ring after 10,000 pellets. The back strap torx screw would'nt come loose so I was told to use a Dental pick to remove the o-ring. When I had it chronoed even with the leak it had a varitation of 8 so I've left it as its is and its shooting fine.