Hammerli SP20 sights - need help with adjusting them...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Sam Thompson

Hammerli SP20 sights - need help with adjusting them...

Post by Sam Thompson »

Hi -

I have a Hammerli SP20 that I just started shooting with iron sights. My problem is that I shoot a center-hold and with the rear sight adjusted all the way down it still shoots 1-ring high at 50ft.

Any suggestions as to how to get it shoot lower?

Please reply and/or email me at:
samthompson@post.com

Thanks.
David Levene

Re: Hammerli SP20 sights - need help with adjusting them...

Post by David Levene »

Sam Thompson wrote:Hi -

I have a Hammerli SP20 that I just started shooting with iron sights. My problem is that I shoot a center-hold and with the rear sight adjusted all the way down it still shoots 1-ring high at 50ft.

samthompson@post.com

Thanks.
I believe that they make a taller front sight. Either that or put a thin spacer unde the existing one.
Sam Thompson

Re: Hammerli SP20 sights - need help with adjusting them...

Post by Sam Thompson »

Actually I just noticed that Larry's guns sells an extra tall front sight... has anybody tried this?

- Sam
Sam Thompson wrote:Hi -

samthompson@post.com

Thanks.
RML

Post by RML »

I have seen this problem on several SP20, and the solution has been to replace the front sight.

RML