Morini 84E accessories list?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Cleaning rod, one nylon and one brass brushes (no jag), three different trigger springs (one already installed on the pistol), manual, plastic box for tools, Allen wrenches and Torx wrench, screwdriver and plastic pistol case. I think that's it .
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Problem with the original cleaning rod is that nobody I know carry jag that will fit it. You will be better of getting good quality cleaning rod and long enough that uses standard tread.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Assuming yours is electronic model, recommend you make sure you have spare battery as well plus check you have allen keys to access for change. Suggest you check new battery and remove if you don't shoot through the winter (if you have one!).
Mark Briggs

Comments on CM84E Accessories

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hi Stan,

Glad to hear you got an 84E. I'd be curious to know where you got it as there aren't that many in the country, so the "used" market is pretty small!

As for the accessories, the other respondants have pretty much summed it up. Of note is the cleaning rod. Somebody mentioned that nobody makes a tip to fit it. This ain't necessarily so. Jocelyn Langlois (Canada Targets, www.targets.ca) sold me a tip to fit the Morini rod, which happens to have threads the same as those found on the rod that came with my Hammerli 150. I bought VFG cleaning felts from him and can highly recommend this product. After messing with jags and patches and getting frustrated for years, the VFG felts work really well and are dead-simple to use. The down-side to the Morini cleaning rod is that it uses friction to retain the rod in the handle. If you push too hard on it the cap will pop off the handle and you'll end up driving the sharp end of the brass rod into the palm of your hand. Been there, done that, got the scar to prove it.

On the battery front, the instruction manual lists a whole slew of manufacturers and their part numbers for this funky 15V battery. Let me know if you don't have a manual and I'll post the listing of batteries. If you can't find any locally then you can get one from Jocelyn as he always has them in stock. One point to note is that in a previous posting on the old TargetTalk forum Francesco Repich of the Morini company pointed out the most effective method of testing the battery. He indicated that rather than just pressing the test button and seeing if the red LED lights, a more effective test is to press and hold the test button, and then fire the solenoid 6-8 times as quickly as the gun will recharge and fire. This essentially tests the battery under load. If the LED stays lit then you've got lots of juice to shoot a match.

Francesco also indicated that, like other free pistols, the CM84 shouldn't be stored with the firing pin spring under tension. His recommendation was to chamber an empty case, close the breach and then drop the hammer. This method protects both the firing pin and the spring.

You might also consider tying a a string around the battery posts on the trigger ciruit board. This gives you something to grab when it comes time to pull the circuit board from the pistol. Mine's kinda stiff and needs a good yank to get it to come out.

One other point... Did you get the compensator? If not, I'd highly recommend it as it really makes it a lot easier to call your shots. The gun recoils straight back with the comp installed. Cleaning it isn't too much of a chore if you do it every time you shoot the pistol.

Hope you enjoy your new toy!

Mark.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Mark, actually there is a guy in BC selling one right now I believe.
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Bought mine from Neal Stepp @ ISS in Fort Worth, Texas. You can reach him at 817-595-2090 or i_s_s@sbcglobal.net.

He imported it for me. Took a while to arrive. Ordered it in early May, arrived in mid-August as I recall. But it was well worth the wait. At the time, I couldn't find anyone in the US who had one in stock.

Neal is a great guy and provides great customer service. He probably has one of the largest selections of in-stock Morini grips for all kinds of guns.

I highly recommend both Neal Stepp the the CM84E.

Matt