Kalifornia changes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
deleted1

Kalifornia changes

Post by deleted1 »

Just read the USA Shooting mag and the article re: Kailfornia allows "Olympic " handguns.----what a fight over how many years to get the likes of Pardini and Walther GSP etc. off the banned "assault weapon" gun list. Many thanks to Don Nygord, Larry Carter, Wade & Hannelore Andersen et al. Though fortunately not a Kalifornia resident but a New York resident here we have to watch our Governor in his attempts to shore up his miserable economic programs at gun owners expense. Nassau (my home county) and New York City--have the highest fees for handgun owners----in excess of $200 for five years---while the rest of our state languishes with "lifetime licenses" at a cost ranging from $5-$15 without transfer and new gun fees. Now our Governor wants to add a $100 tax for all registered gun owners in the state as well as taxing internet sales----I think it's getting time to move to New Hampshire or Vermont.
Mako

Post by Mako »

The THANKS should mainly go to Black Mountain Shooting Club's Sandy Santibanez ... who initiated and worked through the exemptions ... so that his daughter ... and the rest of us in California ... could legally pursue shooting excellence ...
Sandy

Exemption in California

Post by Sandy »

The article that I wrote for USA Shooting News had a two-fold purpose. One was to inform the readers that there was an Olympic Exempt List in California for match pistols and what was involved in getting this legislation passed.
The second purpose was to encourage the members of USA Shooting to get involved in the legislative process so that international shooting sports and those training for the Olympics could continue to compete and train in their respective states. Please read the last paragraph again. If you move to another state we all lose. Losing by attrition is an ignominious way to lose. I encourage all of you to get involved.
Bob LeDoux

Missed Pistols?

Post by Bob LeDoux »

Sandy,

The list I saw did not include Pardini K50 and K70 for exempt free pistols.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Go to: caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms
The K50 is one of 12 Pardinis listed. I am not familiar with the K70, however, I do not know every pistol in the world. I cannot find it on Nygords, Pilkingtons, Larry's Guns or Potters web site. Is it a new pistol or has it been imported to the US recently? The list is not all-inclusive of every firearm in the world that is used in Olympic competition. If it is new, is being imported by a dealer and should be added to the list, let me know so that I can submit it to USA Shooting for inclusion.