shot count with CO2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CraigE

shot count with CO2

Post by CraigE »

My LP1 CO2 came to me with the short steel cylinders....o.346kg When I weigh in a cylinder....empty is 10.5 oz on my analog postal scale. "Real full" is 12.5 oz. (chilled or with remainder bled off). I am not exactly of my fps, but I have been routinely getting about 250-270 shots per cylinder without degradation of shot quality (the pistol...no me). I have no complaints about this at all...in fact, quite the contrary. I shall stay with CO2 for the forseeable future. I am curious if others experience similar data and whether the longer or aluminum cylinders make any difference. My basement range is cool...sometimes downright cold, but summer or winter, the number of shots seems to remain nominally the same. My small bulk tand (from a beer retailier) cost about $70 and I have refilled once in a year for about $6. I shoot around 20000 pellets a year. This is a wonderful hobby!. Thanks for letting me ramble on.
Craig
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I think the difference will be just the weight of the cylinder, and thus the balance of the pistol would be different steel vs aluminum and long vs short cylinder.

This winter I started using a quartz heater to keep me warm in my underhouse crawlspace range. Makes shooting a LOT more pleasant. The prior winter I had to stop shooting cuz my hand got so cold my trigger finger had little feeling and poor control. The AP starts out from inside the house (high 60s), so the co2 cylinder and pistol is not getting so cold that it does not function well.

Gary
Mack

Post by Mack »

My CO2 LP10 gets over 200 shots per fill. Cool, huh! :-)
aa2tn

CO2 shot count

Post by aa2tn »

I have an Anshutz LP@ (same as LP10) and have also been getting over 200 shots per full fill on my cylinder. What more can you ask for? Cheap, safe, and easy to get refilled. I have no plans to switch to PCP in the forseable future.
Mark Briggs

Steel vs Aluminum Tanks

Post by Mark Briggs »

I have an LP1 with aluminum tanks and have just recently sold my LP1 with steel tanks. Both are the long variety. Other than the effects on overall mass of the pistol and point of balance there is no performance difference between the two tanks, or at least none that I could detect.

And I was getting over 250 shots per fill, until I got sick of tearing the target paper because the pellet velocity was too slow. So I changed the hammer spring (the old one was was getting tired) and got the velocity up to about 480 fps (very close to maximum for that particular pistol). The end result was a decrease in shot capacity to about 200 shots per fill. I can count on 180 shots with absolute certainty so shooting two matches back to back is no problem.

I know another LP1 owner who switched to short tanks to improve balance. He reported being able to shoot two matches on a complete fill, but that he wouldn't want to trust it to do so if he had to take more than ten sighters per match. From this I would conclude that 140 shots on the short tank is a pretty sure thing unless you've got the velocity cranked waaaaay up.

Mark.
CraigE

I appreciate the feedback (NT)

Post by CraigE »

I appreciate the input.....so far, I am very happy. Chrono again will be useful, but I am ok with the clean-punches and the number of shots. Everything I own ought to work this well. Craig
JoeG

Post by JoeG »

Hi Craig, yup, Co2 is efficient. Although I have never kept a shot count with my Co2 pistols I remember being impressed with the large number of shots I was getting out of my Crosman Skanaker and that was with the short cylinder. My Steyr LP-1 pcp which is shooting at 525 fps gets probably around 120 shots. I always top up the cylinders for whichever gun I may be shooting in a match anyhow so absolute numbers really don't present a concern. Hope to see you at a match some time soon, be well, Joe.
Southpaw

shot count with co2

Post by Southpaw »

I have a pardini k2/co2. The short cylinders hold 35g and I get about 150 good shots per fill. The long cylinders hold 53g and I get 250 shots if I want to run it very close to empty.
I bought an old tank/15lbs of co2 for $20, three+ years ago and there is still plenty of co2 left. Most PCP'ers that I know wish they had such low operating costs.

Regards,
Southpaw