I saw the front sight, I saw the front sight, no more in....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mack

I saw the front sight, I saw the front sight, no more in....

Post by Mack »

darkness....sing with me now....

Well, guys I’ve been APing for about 4 years now and have flung thousands of pellets down range. I always try to concentrate on the front sight and I thought I did a pretty good job. This weekend, I was shooting at the OTC when on one particular shot something weird happened. When the sights settled into the aiming area, the front sight zoomed in and sat on the end of my nose. It was as big as a house. I have no recollection of there even being a target. I have some recollection of there being a rear sight, but I have to think real hard to remember. The shot went off all by itself. The result was good, but that isn’t important. Well it is important but not to this message. I promptly put the AP down and thought about what had just happened. If that is what focusing on the front sight is all about, then I’ve been fooling myself all these years. BTW I was not able to reproduce the zooming effect after that shot. I’ve tasted the sweet fruit and want some more, but I can’t find it. HELP!!!!
Len_R

Post by Len_R »

Don't forget to breathe....you will probably pass out next time ;-)
David Levene

Re: I saw the front sight, I saw the front sight, no more in

Post by David Levene »

Mack wrote:Well, guys I’ve been APing for about 4 years now and have flung thousands of pellets down range. I always try to concentrate on the front sight and I thought I did a pretty good job. This weekend, I was shooting at the OTC when on one particular shot something weird happened. When the sights settled into the aiming area, the front sight zoomed in and sat on the end of my nose. It was as big as a house. I have no recollection of there even being a target. I have some recollection of there being a rear sight, but I have to think real hard to remember. The shot went off all by itself. The result was good, but that isn’t important. Well it is important but not to this message. I promptly put the AP down and thought about what had just happened. If that is what focusing on the front sight is all about, then I’ve been fooling myself all these years. BTW I was not able to reproduce the zooming effect after that shot. I’ve tasted the sweet fruit and want some more, but I can’t find it. HELP!!!!
I had something similar over 20 years ago. It was a warm summer evening (yes we do get them in the UK sometimes) and I was doing some 20yard .22 precision shooting on an outdoor range. I remember being aware that although there were others shooting it was extremely peaceful.

I raised the gun and suddenly the sights were there, big clear and steady. The problem was that I couldn't see anything else, no target, no grass, no nothing. Was it a good shot, luckily some safety instinct took over and I didn't fire.

I have no idea whether I had actually been seeing the sights or just imagining what I thought the sights should look like. Either way, it frightened the life out of me.
David

Post by David »

Mack, I too have had these spiritual experiences where I could actually see the front sight, but they are few and far between. I just purchased some shooting glasses with +.50 lens, and I can again see the sight without straining. I can now get a decent group, rather than a "pattern" inside the 8 ring.

David
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hmmm... I see.
Could be Dissociative Identity Disorder brought about by bilateral reduction of the substantia nigra from your stance, or induced by electrical stimulation of the right angular gyrus from aiming while in a theta brainwave state.
Since you are from Pueblo CO. did you happen to "see" the guy with the question marks all over his suit??? ;)
Mack

Post by Mack »

Could be Dissociative Identity Disorder brought about by bilateral reduction of the substantia nigra from your stance, or induced by electrical stimulation of the right angular gyrus from aiming while in a theta brainwave state.
My thought exactly, however, I think it was more due to a circular angular gyrus squared with a no brainwave state.