Question for Pardini SP22 owners

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
F. Paul

Question for Pardini SP22 owners

Post by F. Paul »

Last night, while talking to a fellow SP22 owner. I found out that his SP22 has some additional parts which mine does not. I thought I would check with some other SP22 owner's out there to see how their particular SP22's are equipped.

When I field strip my gun and look at my barrel assemby from the muzzle side, I can see 4 round holes. Two of the holes have spring loaded lugs in them while the other two holes are empty.

My fellow shooter tells me he has four spring loaded lugs and therefore no empty holes.

My gun performs flawlessly.

What is the purpose of the spring\lugs?

Can anyone speculate as to why mine only came with two instead of four?

I have put in a call to Don Nygord but he is in Germany until 3/17.

Thanks folks
sbow

Post by sbow »

Edited because I realized I was talking about the chamber end of the barrel, not the muzzle end. I will look at my gun later and see what I can tell.

BTW, I don't recall if I've seen you discuss ammunition on the Bullseye list. I have been using CCI SV but have lately switched to Aguila. My SP turned in better groups with the CCI, but the O.A.L. was too long and caused frequent feeding problems. What have you found to work?
Rob

Post by Rob »

I have the first generation SP and don't have anything you mentioned...Rob
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

I have 4 holes with 4 sets of rods, springs and plug screws, one for each hole.
According to manual you can set them up in many different ways to your liking. Pardini calls it "adjustable multifunction counterweight" developed by Heirich Ries and used by Pardini with his permission.
kayak

Pardini SP

Post by kayak »

Our Pardini came with two rods installed and two spare. As mentioned the users manual suggests various mthods of installing, spring ahead or behind, as well as use of more or less rods.

We're shooting RWS practice with no cycling problems or misfires. Gun is kept moderately clean (neither too clean or too dirty).

Excessive case length has been mentioned as cause of problems.

Regards.

KG
phil

Pardini SP

Post by phil »

Mine has 4 holes with 4 sets. The manual describe the differents ways to use them either as simple counterweight or also as recoil absorber.

Regards
F. Paul

Pardini parts

Post by F. Paul »

Thanks to all for providing the info re my Pardini counterweights and springs.

As far as ammo is concerned, I have also experienced problems with CCI ammo. Many times the rounds would not clear the magazine due to excessive length. They did seem to perform well once chambered.

I have also had poor functioning results with Aguila and Eley Tenex. The problems seems to occur during extraction/ejection.

I use Wolf Target Extra for practice and RWS (Nygord's recommendation) for matches. Both group and function extremely well.

Thanks again and lots of tens and X's to you all.

Paul
phil

Pardini SP

Post by phil »

It is recommended to not use Eley ammo with new bullet shape in the Pardini SP because they do not load correctly. I use Eley pistol standard or Lapua.
Tom

EPS and Aguila not feeding in Pardini SP's?

Post by Tom »

Hi,

I'm a little confused by the last 2 posts. I use Aguila SE (purple stripe) in both my very early SPE and my brand new SP without any issues of feeding/extracting/ejection in either. I have also used the newer EPS type Eley without issues. I can even get both of mine to run CCI shorts. (sometimes, not that often)

One thing I have noticed is that the recoil spring gets a little weak after about 5000 rounds. (I change it every season) Also, the mags are very short and some brands are too long to fit. (CCI standard being the most popular brand that dosen't fit, however Green Tag fits fine) Of the brands that fit, if they have a waxy lube, it will stick to the front of the mag and the feed ramp hindering feeding. I clean mine before matches with a Q-tip.

From what I have seen on the line is that the SP's are known for running well with any ammo that fits in the mags. That is, as long as the shooters keep things resonably clean. Now, if I could get my rapid fire gun to be as reliable as my SP.......

My 2 cents,

Tom
tommyg

pardini sp and ammo problems

Post by tommyg »

I have run a gamut of ammo problems with my SP. It is true that if the ammo fits the mag it performs pretty flawlessly. However I have also found that underpowered ammo, such as that used in cold(-10 c) temps will cause stovepipes. A little different than a weak recoil spring in theat the spent case gets stuck on the inside of the new round comming to the top of the mag, instead of just jamming the slide as happens with a weak recoil spring.

Eley Standard Pistol is very sensitive to cold conditions, which is a shame because it is the best grouping ammo I've tried,