Sending the pistol off to the gunsmith

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mikeschroeder

Sending the pistol off to the gunsmith

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I'm considering sending my Mark II to Clark Custom guns to have the trigger done. I will ask him for directions when I do decide to send it off, but would like a little advance knowledge. Do you send pistols by UPS? Federal Express?

Any information, no matter how simple would be appreciated.

Mike
Wichita KS
Len_R

Re: Sending the pistol off to the gunsmith

Post by Len_R »

You may want to look at the individual regulations from the companies but generally it's got to be next day or next day saver (depending on the compnay).

The main problem with shipping handguns is that most of the counter people have NO idea what the rules are so you may want to bring a copy of the company rules with you that state how and what is to be done.
deleted1

Shipping Guns

Post by deleted1 »

You can ship guns directly to Clark for work---I have used FedEx for many years and have not had one problem---I tell them what is in the package and insured value---ship one day overnight---if they seem to gag at the term "gun" tell them to relax and do the necessary details.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I did a search on the Fedex sight and got this. Only two documents and the other one was for Canada. I had thought that Fedex was one of the places that did ship handguns....

Mike

Firearms and Ammunition
FedEx Ground will transport firearms (excluding handguns), but ONLY between:
Licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, licensed collectors, law enforcement agencies of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency, or political subdivisions thereof; or
Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers for the purpose of repair or customizing (and return of same).
FedEx Ground will transport small-arms ammunition, when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law.
FedEx Ground will not accept for transport handguns, assembled or disassembled.