USAS Rules

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomF

USAS Rules

Post by TomF »

Are the USAS rules online anywhere? I cant find them, or any mention of them, on their web site and I am entering a USAS 10m International Pistol Texas State Championship this weekend and I need to know the rules.

I joined USAS but all I got was a card and a sticker.

Thanks!
Paedagogus

Re: USAS Rules

Post by Paedagogus »

TomF wrote:Are the USAS rules online anywhere? I cant find them, or any mention of them, on their web site and I am entering a USAS 10m International Pistol Texas State Championship this weekend and I need to know the rules.

I joined USAS but all I got was a card and a sticker.

Thanks!
You'll also get a magazine, but that doesn't have the rules either :-).

Rulebooks are $30 or $35 -- something like that, and include free updates. They must be ordered from USAS. I think you will have to do it by phone because I don't remember seeing in the online "store".

What part of Texas are you in? I might be able to get one to you to borrow.
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Most rules are the same as ISSF: http://www.issf-shooting.org/Rules/rule ... tions.html .
You can buy rule book from USAS with free updates, also all organizers should have rule book on hand during the match.
TomF

Post by TomF »

I will call USAS.

I live in Fort Worth, TX and I am shooting the Texas State International AP Championship next weekend.

I was particularly interested in how the rules handle shooter breaking out of their class. I have greatly improved my shooting with a few changes in technique which will jump me two classes if I shoot as well in competition as I have in practice and in the last league match.

I know in other shooting games if you break out of class by shooting into the above class you move into that class. And usally at the bottom.

Anyone know how USAS handles this in the rule book?
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

I think you are talking about NRA. USAS if you are new than you are "unclassified" till you shoot X number of shots ( I believe three matches) and than based on your average you will be classified.
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Tom,

You can enter into a higher class than your classification, but not a lower class (i.e. if you're a B class shooter, you can enter the B, A or AA class, but not C or lower).

I believe there's some flexibility for unclassified shooters to enter the class most appropriate to their ability/averages.

My experience is that the USAS classification system isn't strictly enforced at any level. It's seems like more of a guideline so you can compete and earn awards against shooters of equal ability.

Good luck this weekend!

--Matt Cole
TomF

Post by TomF »

I am classified as a C competitor and have shot many more than six matches. But my scores are going up quickly.

So do I understand that if I am a classified as a C competitor, and enter C class, I will stay in that class for the competition even if I shoot a A class score?

Thanks!
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Correct.

For example, I am a B class shooter in Free pistol. I entered the B class at the 2003 Nationals and shot an A class score the first day and a AA class score the second day. But I was still classified as a B class shooter for the match and won the B class award.

--Matt
TomF

Post by TomF »

Thank you Matt!

See you Saturday.

Tom