Matchguns MG-1 vs SAM K-11 quality?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

I've planning to buy either a K-11 or an MG-1. Is there any difference in the manufacturing quality or product refinement now that Cesare Morini has formed Match Guns in Italy and both are seperate companies?
Paedagogus

Re: Matchguns MG-1 vs SAM K-11 quality?

Post by Paedagogus »

DaveS wrote:I've planning to buy either a K-11 or an MG-1. Is there any difference in the manufacturing quality or product refinement now that Cesare Morini has formed Match Guns in Italy and both are seperate companies?
I can't speak for the MG-1, but the K-11 is both accurate and UNreliable. I had to have it repaired every other month or so due to soft metal components bending or wearing under fairly heavy use (~500 rds/wk). I started having a local smith fabricate replacement parts from real metal. Replacement parts held up well, but ended up wearing out other components -- a bad trend. K-11 has been replaced with an Anschutz.
john-10mtr-uk

RE Sam K-11

Post by john-10mtr-uk »

Hi
Just been informed by A local dealer that the K-11 is being phased out and being replaced by the K-14

Hello from the UK
Mike Backman

MG -1

Post by Mike Backman »

I have shot an MG - 1 for the past few months and find it to be a fantastic gun. I don't think you could go wrong getting one. I no information on the SAM.
john-10mtr-uk

Post by john-10mtr-uk »

I have a some info on SAM Air pistols which i could always send to you or you could try their website

www.samarms.ch
RogerR

Post by RogerR »

I think you would be better off sticking with an older and more famous name in air pistols.... something like Pardini, Steyr, Walther, FWB, Walther or the Morin1 162. maybe not even the Hammerli air pistosl are so good. but sure I would stay away from the MG and the SAM. too many shooters have troubles to get their guns fixed. They are very pretty but I want to shoot not look at
TomF

Post by TomF »

Pilkguns has a great selection of used guns. I would start there. The one I got was like new and the price is right.
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I swapped from Morini CM162/EI to SAM K14b (a further development of K11). So, you see my choice. Do your own.

Good shots what ever you take
clivekay

Sam K11

Post by clivekay »

It seems this question comes up all the time..
I have had the same K11 for a few years and have consistantly shot well with it with no problems. I also had a Morini 162EI but got rid of it as the trigger was great but the sights and non adjustability were disastrous.
I also have an LP10, great but also the poor trigger..When will somebody else build a decent airpistol with an electric trigger....
TomF

Post by TomF »

What do you mean by the
but the sights and non adjustability were disastrous
?

Thanks!

Sam vs Morini

Post by Guest »

The sights did not have sufficient vertical depth or adjustment. I shoot at 6.00 aim and I couldnt wind them up enough..also the grip angle is fixed due to the electronics.. it would be simple to fit a flexible cable from this to the gun..but no...they didn't think of that...
TomF

Post by TomF »

Thats interesting. Just about everyone I know including myself shoot a 6:00 aimpoint and there is plenty of room left on the elevation.
Sandy

Lack of rear sight adjustment

Post by Sandy »

My Steyr LP 10 and my Morini 162 EI are often used by others to shoot a match or for training purposes. To have plenty of vertical adjustment on the rear sight, I modify the height of the front sight.
To raise the front sight I have used a paper clip as a shim (trimmed so that it is totally covered by the sight). Works great on both pistols.
To lower the front sight remove metal from the bottom of the sight so that it sits lower in the groove. Either way it does not take much to make a big change.
P.S. The triggers on the Morini are really excellent and the Steyrs are very, very good if they are proporly adjusted.
clivekay

Post by clivekay »

The real problem tho with the Morini is that you cannot adjust the grip to have a decent dropped wrist position which is what I like...If you butcher the grip to try this the trigger is then in the wrong place ie too high . The SAM on the other hand is really designed to be shot in this position and thats why I like it..The Steyr is good also as the grip can be adjusted to a reasonable angle and I can make an elongated trigger shoe to drop the trigger ( Removing a bit of the trigger guard at the same time ).
top end

Mechanical Morini

Post by top end »

Have a go with a Morini 162M - mechanical trigger that is one of the best and with all the grip adjustment that is needed. I have had one for over a year - it is a great value gun and one that never seems to get much of a mention for some reason.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

TomF wrote:Thats interesting. Just about everyone I know including myself shoot a 6:00 aimpoint and there is plenty of room left on the elevation.
I shoot a 162EI and could not get enough elevation with the standard set-up. It was simply cured though, just remove the screw holding the rear sight to the sight carrier, add a 2mm thick spacer and replace the screw (it may need a longer one). From memory it took about 15 minutes (including making the spacer).