Q? for Len R.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark Briggs

Q? for Len R.

Post by Mark Briggs »

This is a question from Len R which is derived from a comment made in one of his earlier posts.

In your comment you mentioned that you make suppressors. Does this business also extend to the manufacture of compensators? I'm curious on a number of fronts, one being the free pistol front (TOZ & Hammerli 150) and the other is on the long-gun front where my Ruger 10/22 could do with some taming. I'm not interested in actual suppression as it's illegal here. But compensation is quite legal and makes the guns much more pleasant to shoot.

Any feedback you can offer would be appreciated.

Mark.
Len_R

Re: Q? for Len R.

Post by Len_R »

No really I just focus on NFA items. I guess we could make some but the market isn't really there for us to take the time off the machines, do the setups, and all the needed testing.

Suppressors are pretty simple in that you have a mil standard you can test against, and past paying for the FFL and SOT to make them, there really is no issue as they are generally accuracy neutral. The threading in the US for small calibers is normally 1/2" x28 TPI. SIMPLE.

In precision shooting, you'll have 10 shooters and 10 different opinions on what makes a good compensator. Then there is the issue of which guns it will fit on, how it's regarded via ISSF rules, intergrating into the sighting system, how much to price it at because the return rate on these parts is pretty high ( at least when I sold MEC).