Stopper's trigger shoe question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Walter

Stopper's trigger shoe question

Post by Walter »

Is there a definite benefit from training with the trigger shoes as sold by Stopper?
Their website is down right now, so I can't post a pic. of it, but I ordered one to try.
A friend of mine put a screw in the middle of his trigger so as to be able to consistantly place the finger the same each time. It is somewhat similar to that.
Are there any drawbacks from such a shoe?
Walt
Len_R

Re: Stopper's trigger shoe question

Post by Len_R »

I like the Mec trigger but anything that helps promote consitency and is useable to you should be helpful.
Walter

Post by Walter »

It's different from that trigger.
Ed Knutson

Stopper Trigger Blade

Post by Ed Knutson »

Walter:

The trigger blade that I believe you are referring to is very much the same as the Anschutz #9716. The advantages to either of these trigger blades are that they are adjustable for lever length, so you can locate your finger in the trigger guard up or down for maximum comfort and clearance and that they offer a "point contact" reference. With most other trigger blades you can get your finger higher or lower on the blade which effects both position considerations as well as the actual effective pull weight required to release the shot. With the "point contact" trigger blade, your finger can only really touch the trigger at the one length and the pull is more consistent. To verify this, use a trigger pull gauge on a standard trigger blade at the very bottom, then move the gauge up a bit and try the pull again, it will be different.

Overall, these kind of trigger blades tend to offer a more consistent trigger finger location and trigger pull release weight.

Ed Knutson