Minimum shots/day?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ihasagun

Minimum shots/day?

Post by ihasagun »

What is a good ballpark number for the minimum number of actual or dry fire shots per day to get better?
David Levene

Re: Minimum shots/day?

Post by David Levene »

ihasagun wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:51 pm What is a good ballpark number for the minimum number of actual or dry fire shots per day to get better?
Apart from the fact that it varies from person to person, it very much depends what you are doing with those shots.

If you're just firing shots then the best you can hope for is that you will get stronger muscles.

If however you are working with a set of sensible achievable process goals, and judging your results mainly on achieving those goals (rather than the scores on the targets) then your long term scores should improve.
David M

Post by David M »

Simply put, its Quality not Quantity that counts.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Any dry firing is better than none.

A fotmer competitor I know recommends 10 perfect shots per day you are not going to the range, whatever time it takes you.

A couple trainers ask for an hour a day at home.

Always rest one day a week.

I've recently started to do 30 minutes at the start of every training to warm up.
Ramon
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Are there any instructional videos you recommend? I did a google search and didn’t find many, and all but one of those was foreign language. I’ve been implanting the 10 steps to shooting a 10 from that one English language video, adding the follow through and changing my trigger technique and breathing, for example. I’d be willing to buy some videos if that’s what is needed.
ForceAwakens

Post by ForceAwakens »

Videos don't cover the finer points in instruction. A good coach is a better investment. Nothing beats a coach yelling at you that you are f**ing up and then showing you how it is done!! 2 videos playlists are below for your reference. Have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8HQhBP ... wSO5bULTcf
https://www.youtube.com/user/moshepatchy/videos
Regards,
Santosh

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” — Yoda
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Thanks!
Albert T

Post by Albert T »

Attached picture is a list from the Dutch Shooting Federation (KNSA) that lists the required minimum number of training hours/shots that is required to get the the top of international competition. This is for rifle shooters, but pistol will not be far off.
First green row is the age of the shooter.
Fist whit row is the number of training weeks/year.
Second white row is the number of training hours per week.
Third white row is the number of training shots per week.
The lower orange row is the number of training hours per year for that perticular age (green top row).
on the right you will find the total number of training hours reached at 14 and 22 years of age.

So, if you want to become an international top shooter, prepare for lots of training hours.....
Attachments
minimum number of training hours/shots
minimum number of training hours/shots
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

I think that’s about 4 times as much practice as I’m willing to put in right now. I’ll just continue dabbling in it for now. Maybe things will change when I retire.
Rover

Post by Rover »