Which has a better trigger ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sal6781

Which has a better trigger ?

Post by sal6781 »

I'm thinking of getting a new air pistol. Which has a better trigger ? Morini's CM 162 electric trigger or Pardini"s K12 mechanical trigger. I have never had the opportunity to shoot a pistol with an electric trigger.
william

Re: Which has a better trigger ?

Post by william »

Yes, by all means yes.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Morini 162EI best trigger, all day long!
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

sal6781 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 pm I'm thinking of getting a new air pistol. Which has a better trigger ? Morini's CM 162 electric trigger or Pardini"s K12 mechanical trigger. I have never had the opportunity to shoot a pistol with an electric trigger.
The experts ( on here , and they are few ) are of the opinion that the only advantage of Electronic over Mechanical is in reality limited to when we do 'dry fire' exercises. The electronic ones do not require arming for every shot , you just click away happily .

Personally , I have been recently brainwashed by the new Video showing off the Walther LP500 with interchangeable triggers . So user friendly you could switch between them yourself in seconds.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Elmas wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 am Personally , I have been recently brainwashed by the new Video showing off the Walther LP500 with interchangeable triggers . So user friendly you could switch between them yourself in seconds.
Why would you want to?
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Suppose I have to say something on this one as I shoot both the Pardini K12 and Morini Titanium competitively. This is not a simple answer as a large part of it is down to how you inter react with both and the balance of both, but here goes.
My personal best both in practice and at a competition has been scored with the K12 but I'm more consistent with the Titan, both have superb triggers but you do have to know how to set up the K12 trigger to get the best out of it and still keep it safe, but it is simple to do. The Titan trigger is simple to work with and I've not found the same problems going through equipment control with it and the trigger failing due to temperature change as I have with the K12.

The biggest difference I find is when using the scatt but again that is probably down to me, I have found the K12 works best with a slow build of trigger pressure and letting it go where as the Titan is best with a slow pressure then subconscious twitch and hold. For me there is a shorter trace in the last 0.2 of a second with the Titan and this shows up as tighter groups when doing live fire but again that's for me. My go to pistol is the Titan for consistency in competition but I like the K12 better for its feel and balance and it has a wonderful recoil absorber where as the Titian has none of this modern stuff and the recoil absorber makes me feel I'm producing a better follow through.

For dry fire the electronic wins but I also train with the trigger turned off especially when using a blank target and just feeling the micro switch and concentrating on keeping still. How good is the backup for both of these pistols where you live, they are very reliable but if something does need a tech to do some magic on it you do not want to have a mission to get it seen to. Hope this helps more than confuses further still.

Best thing above all advice on each pistol is to shoot both, but I guess you are a long way away from me to come and have a shoot of my two back to back.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

I own the Morini 162ei with electronic trigger and I think it's wonderful. However, I have a friend who owns the electronic Morini as well as a Steyr, a Walther, and a Pardini which all have mechanical triggers. I've shot them all and NONE OF THEM feel like any of the others. Each trigger is unique unto itself and each has qualities that I like and dislike. I really don't think there is a set answer to this question. My best advice is to try to shoot as many of the top level guns as you can and then decide which suits you the best.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
spektr

Post by spektr »

A +1 to subjectivity.
Triggers are adjustable. Why is that?
Could it be so simple as the recognition by gun makers that there is in fact, NO BEST TRIGGER.
Think logically for a minute. If there was a Best trigger, gun makers will have found it and copied each other by now.
That hasn't happened, because shooting is a symbiotic relationship with the shooter and the gun. Triggers by design are
adjustable so a point of of peak performance may be found between each uniquely constructed shooter and his individually adjusted gun.
Everybody will find their own setup. Steyrs seem to be the hot setup, or is it better marketing, I have no idea. As an Engineer, I understand mechanical triggers and I prefer them for no other reason than thats what I FEEL good about. Ultimately it comes down to individual feel, and I guess the restatement of the question, as bad as it sounds, is WHO's Feeling is best? For me the answer is obvious, mine is, but that in itself is so subjective that it is laughable........

I'm also recovering from surgery and maybe this is a bit drug influenced, but what the hell, you asked.....
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Every make of trigger is going to feel different if you are a discerning shooter. "Different" isn't necessarily "bad", and a high end trigger will also have some level of adjustability.

The question (which each shooter has to answer for themselves) is: Can I adjust the trigger on pistol X to the point where I can get used to it and shoot it well?

The answer to that question will take some time to evaluate. A few dry fires of somebody else's pistol isn't necessarily going to give you the same answer as what you arrive at after tweaking it to you liking (as best you can) and shooting it for several weeks. Even two pistols of the same make & model may feel slightly different, just depending on manufacturing variations.

All of the top tier triggers should allow shooting very high level scores. Whether their idiosyncrasies are to your liking is not something anyone else can tell you.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

David Levene wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:37 am
Elmas wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 am Personally , I have been recently brainwashed by the new Video showing off the Walther LP500 with interchangeable triggers . So user friendly you could switch between them yourself in seconds.
Why would you want to?
I think interchangeable mechanical/electronic triggers options sure beats buying a new pistol. It's like asking if you prefer to drive automatic or stick shift, or both?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

kevinweiho wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:20 am
David Levene wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:37 am
Why would you want to?
I think interchangeable mechanical/electronic triggers options sure beats buying a new pistol. It's like asking if you prefer to drive automatic or stick shift, or both?
Surely that depends on the quality of the triggers. The mere fact that you can have either mechanical or electronic in the same pistol does not mean that you would want either.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Buy any good quality AP. After you realize it's not the trigger you want, you can sell it to buy another gun.

You have many happy years ahead of you pursuing this vain and silly search. Surely, many here will tell you, you CAN buy points.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

morini by far has the best electronic trigger, but the pardini has a very nice mechanical trigger, one of the best.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Pardini K12 cylinders can hold 250 BAR
Morini 200BAR

So, providing you have the tank that can hold 250 BAR, you should get more shots per cylinder with the Pardini.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I prefer the consistency of feel from the electronic triggers I have as well as the endless dry fire.
Also as someone mentioned there is no variation depending on climatic changes.

As far as the LP500 having both options, I am sure that after testing owners will settle on one of the two. However if taste or needs change a switch can be made with no additional cost or physical alterations needing to be made.

It is not proven that buying a new hi tech pistol will improve scores in the short term, but it definitely enhances pride of ownership.

I used to have lace up shoes and now I don’t. My walking hasn’t improved but everything else including putting them on has.

The new Walther LP500 has both electronic/manual options allowing us to experiment and change from one to the other at no additional expense or changes to grip, balance, sights etc...this may prove to be a very innovative feature that not only benefits the current owner but affords the same flexibility to future owners.

BEA

Post by BEA »

Forget which model holds more air, forget that a model is interchangeable from electronic to mechanical. These qualities mean nothing. Choose the model that looks and balances the best. The shooters that like to change from this to that...experimenting...never shoot to their potential. Experimentation is a distraction from honing the skills needed to shoot high scores.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Choose the model that looks and balances the best.
If only it were that simple BEA.

Nowadays we have complete adjustability with many modern pistols allowing us to personalise to suit our needs.

If those needs change in the future then with the many adjustments available we ( or future owners ) have the same ability to alter as required.

Some like electronic triggers and others don’t but having this interchangeable feature in one pistol is a bonus to my way of thinking.

In years gone by we were not spoilt by such adjustments and that is where the angle grinder, file and body filler were indispensable. However we are now blessed with manufacturers providing pistols that can be changed by allen keys and screwdrivers.....I for one have embraced these new offerings.

I say these things from the position of being a Nationally accredited Coach who daily sees the benefits for shooters from being able to personalise a pistol and then practice correct technique in the knowledge that their equipment is individually tailored.
BEA

Post by BEA »

It is that simple. Choose the model you like best. All the current top models are being used by someone who is shooting very respectable scores. Pick one.

Adjustability is nice, usually. But once you adjust it, you would typically leave is alone. As a coach, assist your shooters in how to get the adjusts set to fit them. Beyond that, discourage making constant adustments. How could your needs change? The size of your hand? The length of your fingers? You may choose to alter the balance/weight a little as your strength changes. Who cares about how the features might suit a future owner? I only cared about how they worked for me.

Most shooters do not know how to handle adjustability. Consequently, every time their score is not what they want it to be, they get out the wrenches and start changing stuff. The trigger it so high, the trigger is at the wrong angle, the grip needs to be canted more, or twisted a little, I need to move these weight forward a little, the sight radius is wrong. My opinion, set the darn thing so it fits and points straight and leave it alone.

As a former serious competitor for many years, I saw a lot of shooters come and go. I watched and learned from almost all of them. By and large, the ones that were constantly monkeying with their equipment seldom shot competitive scores.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

BEA wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:11 am It is that simple. Choose the model you like best. All the current top models are being used by someone who is shooting very respectable scores. Pick one.

Adjustability is nice, usually. But once you adjust it, you would typically leave is alone.

. My opinion, set the darn thing so it fits and points straight and leave it alone.

As a former serious competitor for many years, I saw a lot of shooters come and go. I watched and learned from almost all of them. By and large, the ones that were constantly monkeying with their equipment seldom shot competitive scores.
The voice of reason ! Totally agree .
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

BEA wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:11 am It is that simple. Choose the model you like best. All the current top models are being used by someone who is shooting very respectable scores. Pick one.

Adjustability is nice, usually. But once you adjust it, you would typically leave is alone. As a coach, assist your shooters in how to get the adjusts set to fit them. Beyond that, discourage making constant adustments. How could your needs change? The size of your hand? The length of your fingers? You may choose to alter the balance/weight a little as your strength changes. Who cares about how the features might suit a future owner? I only cared about how they worked for me.

Most shooters do not know how to handle adjustability. Consequently, every time their score is not what they want it to be, they get out the wrenches and start changing stuff. The trigger it so high, the trigger is at the wrong angle, the grip needs to be canted more, or twisted a little, I need to move these weight forward a little, the sight radius is wrong. My opinion, set the darn thing so it fits and points straight and leave it alone.

solid advise from someone who has shot with the best