New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by Leon »

Christopher Miceli

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by Christopher Miceli »

I knew first :) I even got the flier and some of the spec changes
m1963

Post by m1963 »

it looks like a 162 EI with a carbon fiber barrel cover, carbon fiber charging handle, and a few carbon fiber covers in the grip. Perhaps a slight change in the shape of the receiver, as well. Is there more, than that?
Leon

Post by Leon »

m1963 wrote:
it looks like a 162 EI with a carbon fiber barrel cover, carbon fiber charging handle, and a few carbon fiber covers in the grip. Perhaps a slight change in the shape of the receiver, as well. Is there more, than that?
Do not know - perhaps Christopher ( previous poster ) could post the flier?
Christopher Miceli

If you look at the video you see the electronic controls in the bottom of the gun. Not sure if that means no more left hand right hand board. Confirmed the new grip has adjust-ability. The barrel in ported as well.

Some other changes as well but i'll let you all guess
Christopher Miceli

45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

Any specification updates, like did they modernize it by adding an absorber to keep up with all the other manufacturers? Other than foo foo stuff like carbon fiber doo dads here an there, the absorber is about the only thing they need to add. They already have one of the best triggers in air pistols, and the overall balance is good.
Leon

Post by Leon »

atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Are the GRIPS interchangeable between the 162EI and the new CM200EI?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

atomicgale wrote:Are the GRIPS interchangeable between the 162EI and the new CM200EI?
I strongly doubt it. From the video, the cutout in the bottom for the electronics is different, and if the grip is now adjustable for angle, it got to use a different mounting system, probably with more clearance. I suspect they redesigned the electronics using smaller modern components to allow more flexibility in the grip position.

Despite all the fancy carbon fiber stuff, I noticed the air cylinder looks just like the old ones, which (if you been following the Walther LP500 thread) is a good thing.
Christopher Miceli

45ACP223 wrote:Any specification updates, like did they modernize it by adding an absorber to keep up with all the other manufacturers? Other than foo foo stuff like carbon fiber doo dads here an there, the absorber is about the only thing they need to add. They already have one of the best triggers in air pistols, and the overall balance is good.
morini will never have an absorber. They do not believe in them.
Christopher Miceli

Gwhite wrote:
atomicgale wrote:Are the GRIPS interchangeable between the 162EI and the new CM200EI?
I strongly doubt it. From the video, the cutout in the bottom for the electronics is different, and if the grip is now adjustable for angle, it got to use a different mounting system, probably with more clearance. I suspect they redesigned the electronics using smaller modern components to allow more flexibility in the grip position.

Despite all the fancy carbon fiber stuff, I noticed the air cylinder looks just like the old ones, which (if you been following the Walther LP500 thread) is a good thing.
they did a vented barrel and they upgraded the trigger group to something more similar or the exact same part as the cm84e 2 stage trigger.
Orville

Post by Orville »

I may be late to the party, but I have a couple of questions.
1) What’s the price?
2) Can you change the grip from right to left without changing the electronics?

Orville
Christopher Miceli

Orville wrote:
I may be late to the party, but I have a couple of questions.
1) What’s the price?
2) Can you change the grip from right to left without changing the electronics?

Orville
Trying to find out myself. Anyone know anyone attending the IWA show ?
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

Thanks for the link, that pretty well sums up the changes.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Gwhite wrote: Despite all the fancy carbon fiber stuff, I noticed the air cylinder looks just like the old ones, which (if you been following the Walther LP500 thread) is a good thing.
Yup, Walther and Feinwerkbau could learn a thing or two about evolving a proven design. It's no surprise that Morini and Steyr have comletely destroyed Walther and Feinwerkbau in the AP market in the last 20years.
Leon

Post by Leon »

j-team wrote:
Gwhite wrote: Despite all the fancy carbon fiber stuff, I noticed the air cylinder looks just like the old ones, which (if you been following the Walther LP500 thread) is a good thing.
Yup, Walther and Feinwerkbau could learn a thing or two about evolving a proven design. It's no surprise that Morini and Steyr have comletely destroyed Walther and Feinwerkbau in the AP market in the last 20years.
and that is one of the most sensible ( and accurate ) statements that I have seen on TT for a long time.

I do like the look of the CM200 EI so much that, whatever thoughts I had of acquiring the new LP500 have now vanished.

I wonder if they will bring out a compact version? I like my Moroni CM162 EI Titanium to much to dispose of it so it would make sense for me to acquire the CM200 EI Short instead of another long version.
Leon

Post by Leon »

I do have the complete and detailed brochure now, but can't post it because the file size exceeds 1mb.

Any suggestions as to how I can post it?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Leon wrote:I do have the complete and detailed brochure now, but can't post it because the file size exceeds 1mb.

Any suggestions as to how I can post it?
Save it to something like Google Drive and then post a link to it.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

j-team wrote:Yup, Walther and Feinwerkbau could learn a thing or two about evolving a proven design. It's no surprise that Morini and Steyr have comletely destroyed Walther and Feinwerkbau in the AP market in the last 20years.
I wouldn’t say completely destroyed...Steyr & Morini have indeed taken a BIG chunk of the market share in the last 20 years, but both FWB and Walther are still introducing new guns in hopes of returning to their former glory...

FWB and Walther will always be known for making the finest mechanical (spring and ssp’s) air pistols of all time.