Morini CM 162EI Electronic -IT WORKS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leadbelly

Morini CM 162EI Electronic -IT WORKS

Post by Leadbelly »

Got the Morini CM 162EI Electronic Trigger Air Pistol on Feb 13th and speed of to the air gun range to shoot it. Our club scuba tank was a little low and it only filled the cylinders to about 175 BAR. So I start shooting, was not counting the shots, just breaking it in and trying different pellets. After many shots at least 100+ I looked at the analog guage and it was just about to hit the yellow area. SO I DECIDED TO SEE IF THE MORINI WOULD LOCK UP WHEN THE PRESSURE WAS TO LOW FOR THE REGULATOR. IT WORKED !
I do not know if all the new high grade air pistols do that, but the Morini does. Refilled it and shot 25 more shots, then left for the day. I am really happy with this pistol.
Gwhite

Re: Morini CM 162EI Electronic -IT WORKS

Post by Gwhite »

I'm not aware of any other air pistol that has the low pressure lockout, but I don't keep track of anywhere near all the variations out there.

DON'T trust the lockout until you've tested it carefully. My Morini will start losing velocity BEFORE the lockout kicks in. If I shoot it until it latches, my last 5 or 6 shots will head for the 7 ring.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I believe the Sam M5/M10 air pistols had the latch as they are brain child of Cesare Morini. The Matchguns MG1 Mechanical had a moving indicator but i don't think it had the locking feature.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I can confirm that the SAM 10 has the lockout. With the Morini I accuracy tested, the accuracy fell off noticeably about 15 shots before the lock out kicked in. This was with a sample of ONE, so I don't know if it is a consistent effect with the model.

BTW I always wanted one of these for myself, but I already have three top of the line APs.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Rover wrote: BTW I always wanted one of these for myself, but I already have three top of the line APs.
So? There is no such thing as to many APs....
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

rmca wrote:
Rover wrote: BTW I always wanted one of these for myself, but I already have three top of the line APs.
So? There is no such thing as to many APs....
Unless you’re single or your AP collection is “wifey approved”, you’re good to carry on...
rmca

Post by rmca »

kevinweiho wrote: Unless you’re single or your AP collection is “wifey approved”, you’re good to carry on...
Dont get caugth the first time you bring it home... ;)
After that, swear that you had it for years...
(Wouldn't it be nice if it worked!)
Rover

Post by Rover »

She doesn't go to the range.

I don't go to her hairdresser.

Works for us.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

rmca wrote:Dont get caugth the first time you bring it home... ;)After that, swear that you had it for years...
(Wouldn't it be nice if it worked!)
The first time is OK... The problem worsens when you're inflicted with "airgunnitis"... Just look at Pyramyd Air's commercial :)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPoeqEd8G8Q